- LeBron James identifies himself with Michael Jordan after video of Cavs member trashing him emerges
- Report: It’s ‘a matter of time’ until Andre Drummond secures a buyout and joins the Brooklyn Nets
- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
NBA Players React to Gordon Hayward’s Devastating Leg Injury
- Updated: October 17, 2017
Gordon Hayward‘s gruesome injury during the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ season-opener vs. the Boston Celtics sent shockwaves through the world of basketball. While the night should have been nothing but a celebration of the sport, the incident served as a reminder of what’s at stake every time these players the court.
Within minutes of the injury, stars from all over the NBA took to social media to offer their condolences and wish their brother in arms a quick and easy recovery.
Prayers out @gordonhayward ?? tough to see you go down! You’ll be back better than ever!
— Enes Kanter (@Enes_Kanter) October 18, 2017
Tough to see. Prayers up @Gordonhayward
— Jerian Grant (@JerianGrant) October 18, 2017
Hope Gordon Hayward has a quick recovery ??
— Jamal Murray (@BeMore27) October 18, 2017
Wow smh prayers up to @gordonhayward may God give you strength during this time.
— Victor Oladipo (@VicOladipo) October 18, 2017
Hate to see this happen to anyone! Prayers to Gordon Hayward ????
— Mike Conley (@mconley11) October 18, 2017
Prayers up for Gordon Hayward !!! ??
— Bradley Beal (@RealDealBeal23) October 18, 2017
I don't care what team you're on man times like this we come together that's unbelievable
— Myl3s Turn3r (@Original_Turner) October 18, 2017
Man prayers up for @gordonhayward …..never wanna see that
— Mario Chalmers (@mchalmers15) October 18, 2017
Man, nothing but prayers to Gordon Hayward!
— DeMar DeRozan (@DeMar_DeRozan) October 18, 2017
Prayers up !!! Damn. I know how that feels. Mannn my heart goes out to Gordon.
— Baron Davis (@BaronDavis) October 18, 2017
Never want to see that man!#thoughtsandprayers
— Zach LaVine (@ZachLaVine) October 18, 2017
Praying for my guy @gordonhayward!!! NEVER want to see any of the guys go through anything like that.
— DeAndre Jordan (@DeAndre) October 18, 2017
Prayers up for you @gordonhayward
— CJ McCollum (@CJMcCollum) October 18, 2017
— Paul George (@Yg_Trece) October 18, 2017
— Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) October 18, 2017
Heart goes out to @gordonhayward ?? Hate to see injuries like that….prayers up for a full recovery
— Harrison Barnes (@hbarnes) October 18, 2017
— D'Angelo Russell (@Dloading) October 18, 2017
The injury was simply tragic, but the messages from Hayward’s fellow players help remind us what makes the NBA such a close-knit and special league.
Hopefully Hayward can take all of these well wishes in stride and come back better than ever.