- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
NBA Players React to Gordon Hayward’s Devastating Leg Injury
- Updated: October 17, 2017
Gordon Hayward‘s gruesome injury during the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ season-opener vs. the Boston Celtics sent shockwaves through the world of basketball. While the night should have been nothing but a celebration of the sport, the incident served as a reminder of what’s at stake every time these players the court.
Within minutes of the injury, stars from all over the NBA took to social media to offer their condolences and wish their brother in arms a quick and easy recovery.
Prayers out @gordonhayward ?? tough to see you go down! You’ll be back better than ever!
— Enes Kanter (@Enes_Kanter) October 18, 2017
Tough to see. Prayers up @Gordonhayward
— Jerian Grant (@JerianGrant) October 18, 2017
Hope Gordon Hayward has a quick recovery ??
— Jamal Murray (@BeMore27) October 18, 2017
Wow smh prayers up to @gordonhayward may God give you strength during this time.
— Victor Oladipo (@VicOladipo) October 18, 2017
Hate to see this happen to anyone! Prayers to Gordon Hayward ????
— Mike Conley (@mconley11) October 18, 2017
Prayers up for Gordon Hayward !!! ??
— Bradley Beal (@RealDealBeal23) October 18, 2017
I don't care what team you're on man times like this we come together that's unbelievable
— Myl3s Turn3r (@Original_Turner) October 18, 2017
Man prayers up for @gordonhayward …..never wanna see that
— Mario Chalmers (@mchalmers15) October 18, 2017
Man, nothing but prayers to Gordon Hayward!
— DeMar DeRozan (@DeMar_DeRozan) October 18, 2017
Prayers up !!! Damn. I know how that feels. Mannn my heart goes out to Gordon.
— Baron Davis (@BaronDavis) October 18, 2017
Never want to see that man!#thoughtsandprayers
— Zach LaVine (@ZachLaVine) October 18, 2017
Praying for my guy @gordonhayward!!! NEVER want to see any of the guys go through anything like that.
— DeAndre Jordan (@DeAndre) October 18, 2017
Prayers up for you @gordonhayward
— CJ McCollum (@CJMcCollum) October 18, 2017
— Paul George (@Yg_Trece) October 18, 2017
— Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) October 18, 2017
Heart goes out to @gordonhayward ?? Hate to see injuries like that….prayers up for a full recovery
— Harrison Barnes (@hbarnes) October 18, 2017
— D'Angelo Russell (@Dloading) October 18, 2017
The injury was simply tragic, but the messages from Hayward’s fellow players help remind us what makes the NBA such a close-knit and special league.
Hopefully Hayward can take all of these well wishes in stride and come back better than ever.