- Stephen Curry and Channing Frye Only Perimeter Players to Accomplish Incredible Feat
- Jayson Tatum Says Has a ‘Big A– Picture’ of His Dunk on LeBron James in His House
- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
NBA Players React to Gordon Hayward’s Devastating Leg Injury
- Updated: October 17, 2017
Gordon Hayward‘s gruesome injury during the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ season-opener vs. the Boston Celtics sent shockwaves through the world of basketball. While the night should have been nothing but a celebration of the sport, the incident served as a reminder of what’s at stake every time these players the court.
Within minutes of the injury, stars from all over the NBA took to social media to offer their condolences and wish their brother in arms a quick and easy recovery.
Prayers out @gordonhayward 🙏🏼 tough to see you go down! You’ll be back better than ever!
— Andre Drummond (@AndreDrummond) October 18, 2017
— Enes Kanter (@Enes_Kanter) October 18, 2017
Tough to see. Prayers up @Gordonhayward
— Jerian Grant (@JerianGrant) October 18, 2017
Hope Gordon Hayward has a quick recovery 🙏🏾
— Jamal Murray (@BeMore27) October 18, 2017
Wow smh prayers up to @gordonhayward may God give you strength during this time.
— Victor Oladipo (@VicOladipo) October 18, 2017
Hate to see this happen to anyone! Prayers to Gordon Hayward 🙏🏾🙏🏾
— Mike Conley (@mconley11) October 18, 2017
Prayers up for Gordon Hayward !!! 🙏🏽
— Bradley Beal (@RealDealBeal23) October 18, 2017
I don't care what team you're on man times like this we come together that's unbelievable
— Myl3s Turn3r (@Original_Turner) October 18, 2017
Man prayers up for @gordonhayward …..never wanna see that
— Mario Chalmers (@mchalmers15) October 18, 2017
Man, nothing but prayers to Gordon Hayward!
— DeMar DeRozan (@DeMar_DeRozan) October 18, 2017
Prayers up !!! Damn. I know how that feels. Mannn my heart goes out to Gordon.
— Baron Davis (@BaronDavis) October 18, 2017
Never want to see that man!#thoughtsandprayers
— Zach LaVine (@ZachLaVine) October 18, 2017
Praying for my guy @gordonhayward!!! NEVER want to see any of the guys go through anything like that.
— DeAndre Jordan (@DeAndre) October 18, 2017
Prayers up for you @gordonhayward
— CJ McCollum (@CJMcCollum) October 18, 2017
— Paul George (@Yg_Trece) October 18, 2017
— Dwight Howard (@DwightHoward) October 18, 2017
Heart goes out to @gordonhayward 🙏🏾 Hate to see injuries like that….prayers up for a full recovery
— Harrison Barnes (@hbarnes) October 18, 2017
— D'Angelo Russell (@Dloading) October 18, 2017
The injury was simply tragic, but the messages from Hayward’s fellow players help remind us what makes the NBA such a close-knit and special league.
Hopefully Hayward can take all of these well wishes in stride and come back better than ever.