- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Video: Kyrie Irving Gives Cavs Fan Special Treat After Game
- Updated: October 6, 2017
Even though Kyrie Irving is no longer a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers, he hasn’t forgotten about fans that had invested their hard-earned money in now-outdated items like his Cavs jersey. Evidence of that came on Friday night, when Irving’s new team, the Boston Celtics, faced the Philadelphia 76ers in a preseason contest.
Irving spotted a young fan wearing his old Cavaliers jersey and presented him with a pair of his shoes. After the fan requested an autograph, Irving proceeded to sign both shoes for him.
The NBA season begins on Oct. 17, when Irving will quickly find out how much popularity he still has in Cleveland. That’s because his Celtics team will face the Cavaliers at Quicken Loans Arena in the season-opener for both teams.