- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs News: LeBron James (Ankle) to Miss Preseason Opener vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Updated: October 2, 2017
LeBron James suffered a minor injury to his left ankle last week and while the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ preseason opener is this Wednesday, head coach Tyronn Lue has already stated that James will not play.
Ty Lue says that LeBron (L ankle) will not play in the preseason opener Wednesday. He will play at some point in the preseason, per Lue
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) October 2, 2017
James hurt his ankle during one of last week’s practices when he stepped on small forward Cedi Osman‘s foot.
The fact that Lue expects James to play at some point during the preseason should alleviate any concern about James missing meaningful minutes as the regular season approaches. Still, it’s never good to hear that a star player is dealing with an injury, especially when there are so many new players on the roster who need to build on-court chemistry as quickly as possible.
Hopefully James will be able to suit up in the Cavs’ second preseason game against the Indiana Pacers on Friday.