- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
Cavs News: LeBron James (Ankle) to Miss Preseason Opener vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Updated: October 2, 2017
LeBron James suffered a minor injury to his left ankle last week and while the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ preseason opener is this Wednesday, head coach Tyronn Lue has already stated that James will not play.
Ty Lue says that LeBron (L ankle) will not play in the preseason opener Wednesday. He will play at some point in the preseason, per Lue
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) October 2, 2017
James hurt his ankle during one of last week’s practices when he stepped on small forward Cedi Osman‘s foot.
The fact that Lue expects James to play at some point during the preseason should alleviate any concern about James missing meaningful minutes as the regular season approaches. Still, it’s never good to hear that a star player is dealing with an injury, especially when there are so many new players on the roster who need to build on-court chemistry as quickly as possible.
Hopefully James will be able to suit up in the Cavs’ second preseason game against the Indiana Pacers on Friday.