- Kevin Love goes on lengthy rant for social justice: ‘Why is it so hard for white people to talk about race?’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. yelled ‘modern-day slavery’ at Cavs GM, not allowed back at practice facility
- Report: Cavs believe Andre Drummond’s asking price will be too high, will shop him ahead of deadline
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. expected to be released or traded after throwing tantrum in Cavs locker room
- Andre Drummond opens up about uncertain future with Cavs following Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Cavs have begun exploring trade options for JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs offer major update on when Darius Garland and Collin Sexton could return
- Andre Drummond offers powerful message of support after Kevin Porter Jr. rejoins Cavs
- Former Cavs big man emphatically predicts team will trade Andre Drummond
- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
Cavs News: LeBron James (Ankle) to Miss Preseason Opener vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Updated: October 2, 2017
LeBron James suffered a minor injury to his left ankle last week and while the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ preseason opener is this Wednesday, head coach Tyronn Lue has already stated that James will not play.
Ty Lue says that LeBron (L ankle) will not play in the preseason opener Wednesday. He will play at some point in the preseason, per Lue
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) October 2, 2017
James hurt his ankle during one of last week’s practices when he stepped on small forward Cedi Osman‘s foot.
The fact that Lue expects James to play at some point during the preseason should alleviate any concern about James missing meaningful minutes as the regular season approaches. Still, it’s never good to hear that a star player is dealing with an injury, especially when there are so many new players on the roster who need to build on-court chemistry as quickly as possible.
Hopefully James will be able to suit up in the Cavs’ second preseason game against the Indiana Pacers on Friday.