- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
J.R. Smith: ‘LeBron’s Going to Be Wherever the F— He Wants to Be’
- Updated: September 22, 2017
While LeBron James and his Cleveland Cavaliers teammates prepare for the 2017-18 season, most members of the media are already looking to the next NBA offseason. Though the season has not even begun yet, many have speculated that James may decide to continue his NBA career in Los Angeles.
Considering Smith’s reaction, the questions have certainly begun to weigh on James’ teammates.
Though Smith was clearly unhappy to be bombarded by questions and cameras, the TMZ reporter attemped to get further under Smith’s skin.
“LeBron’s gone man,” the reporter said.
Smith quickly responded:
“LeBron’s still here,” he said. “He’s still here.”
Moments later an offscreen voice asked what Smith thinks is in store for James’ future:
“Do you think LeBron’s going to come to LA?”
Clearly annoyed, Smith approached the photographer and gave him a piece of his mind:
“I think LeBron’s going to be wherever the f— he wants to be at.”
NBA stars are certainly used to being the topic of conversation for sports analysts and reporters, but the circus around James’ future is unlike anything in sports. Hopefully, Smith and the rest of his teammates are able to keep a cool head as the season begins and speculation regarding James’ future intensifies.