- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
J.R. Smith: ‘LeBron’s Going to Be Wherever the F— He Wants to Be’
- Updated: September 22, 2017
While LeBron James and his Cleveland Cavaliers teammates prepare for the 2017-18 season, most members of the media are already looking to the next NBA offseason. Though the season has not even begun yet, many have speculated that James may decide to continue his NBA career in Los Angeles.
Considering Smith’s reaction, the questions have certainly begun to weigh on James’ teammates.
Though Smith was clearly unhappy to be bombarded by questions and cameras, the TMZ reporter attemped to get further under Smith’s skin.
“LeBron’s gone man,” the reporter said.
Smith quickly responded:
“LeBron’s still here,” he said. “He’s still here.”
Moments later an offscreen voice asked what Smith thinks is in store for James’ future:
“Do you think LeBron’s going to come to LA?”
Clearly annoyed, Smith approached the photographer and gave him a piece of his mind:
“I think LeBron’s going to be wherever the f— he wants to be at.”
NBA stars are certainly used to being the topic of conversation for sports analysts and reporters, but the circus around James’ future is unlike anything in sports. Hopefully, Smith and the rest of his teammates are able to keep a cool head as the season begins and speculation regarding James’ future intensifies.