- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
J.R. Smith and Cleveland Cavaliers React to Indians’ 20th Win in Row
- Updated: September 12, 2017
On Tuesday night, the Cleveland Indians made Major League Baseball history when they won their 20th game in a row after they shut out the Detroit Tigers 2-0 at Progressive Field.
The Cleveland Cavaliers organization and players from the team were quick to react. On both Twitter and Instagram, praise for the Indians was aplenty.
20 IN A ROW. @INDIANS 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
— JR Smith (@TheRealJRSmith) September 13, 2017
New meaning to being a 20 game winner!! Wow! #WINdians
— Moondog (@CavsMoondog) September 13, 2017
The 20th victory in a row tied an American League record that was set in 2002 by the Oakland Athletics. The Indians’ current 20-game streak is only the third time since 1900 that a team has won at least 20 games in a row, as Cleveland has joined the company of the A’s and the 1935 Chicago Cubs.
The Indians will look to tie the Cubs’ 21-game winning streak on Wednesday afternoon when they host the Tigers in the finale of a three-game series.