- Isaiah Thomas Says Celtics Would Have Won Title If He Had Never Been Traded to Cavs
- Collin Sexton Credits Cavs Teammates After Reaching 6th Straight 23-Point Game
- Channing Frye Explains Why Detroit Pistons Are Going to Be Dangerous in Playoffs
- Dan Gilbert, Larry Drew, and Channing Frye Offer Huge Praise for Collin Sexton
- Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Cedi Osman Sends Message to Team USA Amid FIBA World Cup Match
- Kyrie Irving Says LeBron James Was ‘Thirsty for Rebounds’ With Cavs
- Collin Sexton Breaks Cavs Rookie Record Set by LeBron James
- J.R. Smith Says He’s Beaten Kyrie Irving, Carmelo Anthony, Other All-Stars 1-on-1
- Kevin Love Speaks Out on Facing Dirk Nowitzki One Last Time
Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Updated: March 20, 2017
The NBA community was in an uproar yet again as the Cleveland Cavaliers coaching staff decided to rest its Big 3 of LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love. News was broken close to tipoff that the Cavs’ stars would not suit up on the evening, and fans who paid top dollar for their seats were left frustrated.
The Cavs understand there is a bigger picture at stake, and weren’t really fussed about the situation. The San Antonio Spurs have been doing it for years, but increased spotlight has been placed on the Cavs this season for their attempts to keep everyone fresh. One of the players not bothered by the situation was James, who sat on the end of the bench and casually sipped his coffee as his teammates battled it out on the floor.
James, who was scheduled for rest on the first night of a back-to-back might not have been playing, but he was still looking out for his teammates…well, most of them.
Early in the contest, James saw that the Cavs bench didn’t have enough seats for Love, so he bumped rookie Kay Felder off and ensured the recently injured Love could take a seat. It was unfortunate for the rookie, but it was necessary, as there was no chance the well suited Love was going to sit on the hardwood.
Looks as though King James still calls the shots even when he’s not on the floor.