- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Video: J.R. Smith Goes After Rodney McGruder at End of Cavs-Heat Game
- Updated: March 5, 2017
A controversial incident involving the Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith and Heat’s Rodney McGruder concluded the Cleveland Cavaliers’ 120-92 loss to the Miami Heat on Saturday night. The two had to be separated, with Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue and team security quickly leading Smith to the team’s locker room.
The reason for Smith’s anger came after Miami’s final basket of the game. McGruder’s dunk was punctuated by a slap on the back of Cleveland’s Channing Frye. As Miami was dribbling out the clock, Smith began jawing with McGruder, with the video below showing a good portion of the incident.
The two teams will face each other again on Monday night in Cleveland, though Smith remains inactive as he recovers from a fractured thumb. He could be back in action during the next two weeks, with the Cavaliers set to return to Miami for a game on April 5.