- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Video: J.R. Smith Goes After Rodney McGruder at End of Cavs-Heat Game
- Updated: March 5, 2017
A controversial incident involving the Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith and Heat’s Rodney McGruder concluded the Cleveland Cavaliers’ 120-92 loss to the Miami Heat on Saturday night. The two had to be separated, with Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue and team security quickly leading Smith to the team’s locker room.
The reason for Smith’s anger came after Miami’s final basket of the game. McGruder’s dunk was punctuated by a slap on the back of Cleveland’s Channing Frye. As Miami was dribbling out the clock, Smith began jawing with McGruder, with the video below showing a good portion of the incident.
The two teams will face each other again on Monday night in Cleveland, though Smith remains inactive as he recovers from a fractured thumb. He could be back in action during the next two weeks, with the Cavaliers set to return to Miami for a game on April 5.