- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Video: J.R. Smith Goes After Rodney McGruder at End of Cavs-Heat Game
- Updated: March 5, 2017
A controversial incident involving the Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith and Heat’s Rodney McGruder concluded the Cleveland Cavaliers’ 120-92 loss to the Miami Heat on Saturday night. The two had to be separated, with Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue and team security quickly leading Smith to the team’s locker room.
The reason for Smith’s anger came after Miami’s final basket of the game. McGruder’s dunk was punctuated by a slap on the back of Cleveland’s Channing Frye. As Miami was dribbling out the clock, Smith began jawing with McGruder, with the video below showing a good portion of the incident.
The two teams will face each other again on Monday night in Cleveland, though Smith remains inactive as he recovers from a fractured thumb. He could be back in action during the next two weeks, with the Cavaliers set to return to Miami for a game on April 5.