- Report: LeBron James Called Rob Pelinka to Vouch for and Recruit Former Cavs Teammate
- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
- Here’s What the Portland Trail Blazers Could Offer in a Trade for Kevin Love
Video: J.R. Smith Goes After Rodney McGruder at End of Cavs-Heat Game
- Updated: March 5, 2017
A controversial incident involving the Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith and Heat’s Rodney McGruder concluded the Cleveland Cavaliers’ 120-92 loss to the Miami Heat on Saturday night. The two had to be separated, with Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue and team security quickly leading Smith to the team’s locker room.
The reason for Smith’s anger came after Miami’s final basket of the game. McGruder’s dunk was punctuated by a slap on the back of Cleveland’s Channing Frye. As Miami was dribbling out the clock, Smith began jawing with McGruder, with the video below showing a good portion of the incident.
The two teams will face each other again on Monday night in Cleveland, though Smith remains inactive as he recovers from a fractured thumb. He could be back in action during the next two weeks, with the Cavaliers set to return to Miami for a game on April 5.