- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
Report: Cavs Expected to Sign Both Andrew Bogut and Deron Williams
- Updated: February 24, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers appear to be on the verge of signing both point guard Deron Williams and veteran center Andrew Bogut according to multiple reports. The 7-foot Bogut is expected to be bought out by the Philadelphia 76ers after having been traded to them by the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday.
Source: belief amongst many NBA teams is that Andrew Bogut is heading to Cleveland. Deron Willlams, as I reported is signing w/#Cavs as well
— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) February 23, 2017
Signing Bogut would keep the Golden State Warriors from bringing him back after having dealt him to Dallas last July. Ordinarily, the Warriors wouldn’t be able to acquire Bogut for at least a year following the trade, but because the Mavericks were the last team to trade him, a loophole in the league’s CBA removes that restriction.
Bogut is 32-years-old and averaged 3.0 points and 8.3 rebounds in 26 games with the Mavericks. He also provides size in the paint and has a career 1.6 blocks-per-game average.