- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: Cavs Expected to Sign Both Andrew Bogut and Deron Williams
- Updated: February 24, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers appear to be on the verge of signing both point guard Deron Williams and veteran center Andrew Bogut according to multiple reports. The 7-foot Bogut is expected to be bought out by the Philadelphia 76ers after having been traded to them by the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday.
Source: belief amongst many NBA teams is that Andrew Bogut is heading to Cleveland. Deron Willlams, as I reported is signing w/#Cavs as well
— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) February 23, 2017
Signing Bogut would keep the Golden State Warriors from bringing him back after having dealt him to Dallas last July. Ordinarily, the Warriors wouldn’t be able to acquire Bogut for at least a year following the trade, but because the Mavericks were the last team to trade him, a loophole in the league’s CBA removes that restriction.
Bogut is 32-years-old and averaged 3.0 points and 8.3 rebounds in 26 games with the Mavericks. He also provides size in the paint and has a career 1.6 blocks-per-game average.