- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: Deron Williams Expected to Be Waived by Mavericks to Join Cavaliers
- Updated: February 23, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers are that much closer to filling their void at the backup point guard slot.
That’s because it was reported by Brian Mahoney of the Associated Press that Dallas Mavericks point guard Deron Williams was waived on Thursday and is now expected to join the Cavs in their quest for a second consecutive championship.
Mavericks announce they have waived Deron Williams. Few players have fallen further in the last five years.
— Brian Mahoney (@briancmahoney) February 23, 2017
Deron Williams is expected to be waived by the Dallas Mavericks to join the Cleveland Cavaliers. (Via AP)
— Clevis Murray (@ClevisMurray) February 23, 2017
The 32-year-old Williams was once thought of to be one of the top point guards in the league and still has plenty left in the tank. He holds career averages of 16.6 points and 8.2 assists and has been selected to three All-Star teams.
Signing Williams would be huge for the Cavs and we will keep you posted here with further updates at CavaliersNation.com.