- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Deron Williams Expected to Be Waived by Mavericks to Join Cavaliers
- Updated: February 23, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers are that much closer to filling their void at the backup point guard slot.
That’s because it was reported by Brian Mahoney of the Associated Press that Dallas Mavericks point guard Deron Williams was waived on Thursday and is now expected to join the Cavs in their quest for a second consecutive championship.
Mavericks announce they have waived Deron Williams. Few players have fallen further in the last five years.
— Brian Mahoney (@briancmahoney) February 23, 2017
Deron Williams is expected to be waived by the Dallas Mavericks to join the Cleveland Cavaliers. (Via AP)
— Clevis Murray (@ClevisMurray) February 23, 2017
The 32-year-old Williams was once thought of to be one of the top point guards in the league and still has plenty left in the tank. He holds career averages of 16.6 points and 8.2 assists and has been selected to three All-Star teams.
Signing Williams would be huge for the Cavs and we will keep you posted here with further updates at CavaliersNation.com.