- Report: Cavs Would ‘Gladly’ Trade for Gordon Hayward This Offseason
- Report: Kyrie Irving Was ‘Strange’ and ‘Angry’ After Winning 2016 NBA Championship
- LeBron James Again Named One of Time’s 100 Most Influential People
- Charles Barkley Roasts Shaquille O’Neal for His Miserable Tenure on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Have Compiled List of Potential Suitors for J.R. Smith
- Report: There Were Weeks Where LeBron’s Agent and David Griffin ‘Drove Each Other Nuts’
- Collin Sexton Sends Special Thanks to Cavs Organization, Teammates and Fans
- LeBron James’ Former Cavs Coach Calls Him a ‘Coach Killer’
- Zion Williamson Officially Declares for 2019 NBA Draft With Epic Video
- Report: Several Executives Couldn’t Believe Cavs Thought They Were Going to Make Playoffs
Report: Klay Thompson’s Surprising Status Update For Game 2
- Updated: June 2, 2018
Despite coming back in Game 1 of the NBA Finals to finish out the rest of the game, Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson is now being listed as “questionable” for Game 2 against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Official team tag on Klay Thompson for Game 2 — Questionable.
— Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) June 2, 2018
Thompson was injured in the first quarter of Game 1 due to Cavs guard J.R. Smith accidentally sliding into his legs.
He went to the locker room briefly, before returning and finishing out the rest of the game.
Although Thompson knows the play by Smith wasn’t intentional, he was apparently “pissed off” that his ankle took damage nonetheless.
Warriors guard Klay Thompson (ankle) says he is optimistic he will play in Game 2, "I'm going to do what I possibly can to play." He added that the under cut accidental slip from Cavs guard JR Smith on the play in which he hurt his ankle wasn't intentional but it "pissed me off."
— Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpearsESPN) June 2, 2018
Regardless of Thompson’s official tag for Game 2, he will likely do everything he can to suit up and give his team a chance to go up 2-0 in the NBA Finals.
Game 2 gets underway on Sunday at 8:00 pm ET.