- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: Klay Thompson’s Surprising Status Update For Game 2
- Updated: June 2, 2018
Despite coming back in Game 1 of the NBA Finals to finish out the rest of the game, Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson is now being listed as “questionable” for Game 2 against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Official team tag on Klay Thompson for Game 2 — Questionable.
— Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) June 2, 2018
Thompson was injured in the first quarter of Game 1 due to Cavs guard J.R. Smith accidentally sliding into his legs.
He went to the locker room briefly, before returning and finishing out the rest of the game.
Although Thompson knows the play by Smith wasn’t intentional, he was apparently “pissed off” that his ankle took damage nonetheless.
Warriors guard Klay Thompson (ankle) says he is optimistic he will play in Game 2, "I'm going to do what I possibly can to play." He added that the under cut accidental slip from Cavs guard JR Smith on the play in which he hurt his ankle wasn't intentional but it "pissed me off."
— Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpearsESPN) June 2, 2018
Regardless of Thompson’s official tag for Game 2, he will likely do everything he can to suit up and give his team a chance to go up 2-0 in the NBA Finals.
Game 2 gets underway on Sunday at 8:00 pm ET.