- Steve Kerr Heavily Praises Cavs Upon Unprecedented Hiring of Lindsay Gottlieb
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Considering Dealing No. 5 Pick to Atlanta Hawks
- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
Report: Klay Thompson’s Surprising Status Update For Game 2
- Updated: June 2, 2018
Despite coming back in Game 1 of the NBA Finals to finish out the rest of the game, Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson is now being listed as “questionable” for Game 2 against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Official team tag on Klay Thompson for Game 2 — Questionable.
— Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) June 2, 2018
Thompson was injured in the first quarter of Game 1 due to Cavs guard J.R. Smith accidentally sliding into his legs.
He went to the locker room briefly, before returning and finishing out the rest of the game.
Although Thompson knows the play by Smith wasn’t intentional, he was apparently “pissed off” that his ankle took damage nonetheless.
Warriors guard Klay Thompson (ankle) says he is optimistic he will play in Game 2, "I'm going to do what I possibly can to play." He added that the under cut accidental slip from Cavs guard JR Smith on the play in which he hurt his ankle wasn't intentional but it "pissed me off."
— Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpearsESPN) June 2, 2018
Regardless of Thompson’s official tag for Game 2, he will likely do everything he can to suit up and give his team a chance to go up 2-0 in the NBA Finals.
Game 2 gets underway on Sunday at 8:00 pm ET.