- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
Report: Klay Thompson’s Surprising Status Update For Game 2
- Updated: June 2, 2018
Despite coming back in Game 1 of the NBA Finals to finish out the rest of the game, Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson is now being listed as “questionable” for Game 2 against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Official team tag on Klay Thompson for Game 2 — Questionable.
— Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater) June 2, 2018
Thompson was injured in the first quarter of Game 1 due to Cavs guard J.R. Smith accidentally sliding into his legs.
He went to the locker room briefly, before returning and finishing out the rest of the game.
Although Thompson knows the play by Smith wasn’t intentional, he was apparently “pissed off” that his ankle took damage nonetheless.
Warriors guard Klay Thompson (ankle) says he is optimistic he will play in Game 2, "I'm going to do what I possibly can to play." He added that the under cut accidental slip from Cavs guard JR Smith on the play in which he hurt his ankle wasn't intentional but it "pissed me off."
— Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpearsESPN) June 2, 2018
Regardless of Thompson’s official tag for Game 2, he will likely do everything he can to suit up and give his team a chance to go up 2-0 in the NBA Finals.
Game 2 gets underway on Sunday at 8:00 pm ET.