- LeBron James Sends Outpouring of Birthday Messages to Kevin Love
- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
- Richard Jefferson Destroys Giannis Antetokounmpo for Not Guarding Jimmy Butler in Game 1
Video: Coach K Yells ‘F— You’ to Kyrie Irving After Being Mocked
- Updated: July 21, 2016
The perils of live television were shown again on NBA TV when Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving decided to joke around during a practice on Wednesday night with the United States Olympic men’s basketball team. The problem was that head coach Mike Krzyzewski wasn’t in on the joke and responded with a blunt (and profane) comment.
Krzyzewski was in the midst of showing how players could get around a pick as Irving prepared to throw the ball into play. The sight of Krzyzewski moving around caused Irving to start laughing, which resulted in Krzyzewski stopping and quickly saying to Irving, “F— you.” That was followed just a few seconds later by the same retort.
The comment was a momentary annoyance, with the relationship between Krzyzewski and Irving still remaining strong. In his only season playing for Duke University during the 2010-11 season, Irving was limited to just 11 games due to a toe injury.