- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Cavs News: Kevin Love Would Love to Play for Team USA If Invited
- Updated: April 9, 2016
According to Chris Haynes of Cleveland.com, Cleveland Cavaliers power forward Kevin Love would accept an invitation to play for Team USA and participate in the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janerio, Brazil this summer.
“If they pick me, I’ll play,” he said.
USA Basketball head coach Mike Krzyzewski and chairman Jerry Colangelo will narrow down 29 players into a 12-man roster for the Rio Olympic Basketball Tournament in August.
If selected for the final roster, Love will be playing in his second straight Olympic games. He was a member of the 2012 USA Basketball team that won the gold medal in London.
Love is currently averaging 16.1 points and 9.8 rebounds this season and is expected to contribute and play many minutes for Cleveland in a potential NBA Finals run.