- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
Cavs News: Kevin Love Would Love to Play for Team USA If Invited
- Updated: April 9, 2016
According to Chris Haynes of Cleveland.com, Cleveland Cavaliers power forward Kevin Love would accept an invitation to play for Team USA and participate in the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janerio, Brazil this summer.
“If they pick me, I’ll play,” he said.
USA Basketball head coach Mike Krzyzewski and chairman Jerry Colangelo will narrow down 29 players into a 12-man roster for the Rio Olympic Basketball Tournament in August.
If selected for the final roster, Love will be playing in his second straight Olympic games. He was a member of the 2012 USA Basketball team that won the gold medal in London.
Love is currently averaging 16.1 points and 9.8 rebounds this season and is expected to contribute and play many minutes for Cleveland in a potential NBA Finals run.