- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Five Bold Predictions for the Cleveland Cavaliers’ Stretch Run
- Updated: March 7, 2016
Looking into a crystal ball over the next six weeks with respect to the Cleveland Cavaliers, trying to make projections can be a difficult proposition. The team has navigated some choppy terrain, but still sits atop the Eastern Conference when it comes to season records.
Looking at what lies ahead for the Cavaliers, here are five predictions that will likely stoke conversation on both sides:
1. 60+ Win Season
While this prediction has all the earmarks of hope rather than reality, it’s not too far off base. This requires the Cavaliers to finish 16-5, which is a stretch they’ve already topped this season. After the December 26th debacle in Portland, the Cavs went on a 21-5 surge that ended with a February 21st victory in Oklahoma City.
The next two weeks will likely determine if this comes true, since a four-game Western road trip and two home games against playoff-worthy foes are on the docket. Given the need to stay just ahead of the Toronto Raptors for best conference record, the focus will presumably remain on the task at hand. If they can win at least two of three key divisional road matchups next month in the regular season’s final 10 days, it should happen.
Next: LeBron James Will Drop 40+ Points