- Larry Nance Jr. Roasts Cavs Rookie Dylan Windler on Social Media
- 2-Time All-Star Raves About Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr.
- Video: Kevin Love Celebrates With C.J. McCollum Over Contract Extension With Portland Trail Blazers
- Patrick Beverley Congratulates Sindarius Thornwell After Signing With Cavs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Sindarius Thornwell to One-Year Deal
- Richard Jefferson Says 2016 Cavs Were ‘Dysfunctional’
- Report: 3 Players That Could Fill Remaining Roster Spot for Cavs
- Former Cavs Player Rips Dan Gilbert and David Griffin Following Griffin’s Recent Comments
- David Griffin Says LeBron James Isn’t ‘Same Animal Anymore About Winning’
- David Griffin privately wept in an Oakland broom closet while the Cavs were celebrating in 2016
LeBron James Dismisses Rumors of Potential Kevin Love Trade
- Updated: February 13, 2016
Rumors of a pending trade of Cleveland Cavaliers’ forward Kevin Love to the Boston Celtics were dismissed by LeBron James, who was asked about the rumor during All-Star Game festivities on Saturday morning.
James’ comments were reported via a tweet from Cleveland Plain Dealer reporter Chris Haynes:
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) February 13, 2016
The potential deal, which was first reported by Frank Isola of the New York Daily News on Friday, had Love as part of three-team trade involving the Cavaliers, Celtics and New York Knicks. Love would go to Boston, while the Knicks would send Carmelo Anthony to Cleveland. In exchange, the Cavaliers would surrender center Timofey Mozgov, with undisclosed draft picks also part of the alleged package.
The basis for the rumor is that James and Anthony were both top first-round selections in the 2003 NBA Draft, and have a longstanding friendship. In addition, the perception among some national media is that Love continues to struggle in his role with the Cavs.
The NBA trading deadline comes on Thursday at 3 p.m., with the Cavaliers reportedly involved in other deals.