- Report: Cavs and Andre Drummond all of sudden far apart on contract extension
- Iman Shumpert clears up what Kyrie Irving meant after seemingly dissing LeBron James
- Cavs superstar Kevin Love seen working out in New York with renowned trainer
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares scary, suicidal Instagram post as fans beg him to seek help
- Report: Cavs hoping to attend workout of top NBA draft prospect Devin Vassell
- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
LeBron James Dismisses Rumors of Potential Kevin Love Trade
- Updated: February 13, 2016
Rumors of a pending trade of Cleveland Cavaliers’ forward Kevin Love to the Boston Celtics were dismissed by LeBron James, who was asked about the rumor during All-Star Game festivities on Saturday morning.
James’ comments were reported via a tweet from Cleveland Plain Dealer reporter Chris Haynes:
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) February 13, 2016
The potential deal, which was first reported by Frank Isola of the New York Daily News on Friday, had Love as part of three-team trade involving the Cavaliers, Celtics and New York Knicks. Love would go to Boston, while the Knicks would send Carmelo Anthony to Cleveland. In exchange, the Cavaliers would surrender center Timofey Mozgov, with undisclosed draft picks also part of the alleged package.
The basis for the rumor is that James and Anthony were both top first-round selections in the 2003 NBA Draft, and have a longstanding friendship. In addition, the perception among some national media is that Love continues to struggle in his role with the Cavs.
The NBA trading deadline comes on Thursday at 3 p.m., with the Cavaliers reportedly involved in other deals.