- Report: Cavs-Wizards matchups on Sunday and Monday postponed due to COVID-19
- Report: Cavs received calls for Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee in aftermath of Jarrett Allen trade
- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
Cavs Rumors: Cavaliers Interested in Acquiring Forward Jared Dudley
- Updated: February 5, 2016
“The Cavs would love to get their hands on Jared Dudley.
“They tried to trade for Jared Dudley. They kicked around trading for Jared Dudley last summer.”
With the Cavs most likely running into a powerhouse team like the Golden State Warriors or San Antonio Spurs if they hope to win a championship, Dudley would be an excellent addition to Cleveland’s wing.
Dudley could be used as a 3-and-D player, similar to the role of Shane Battier, who played power forward during his time with the Miami Heat so LeBron James could remain at the small forward position.
Cleveland currently has a trade exception large enough to absorb Dudley’s salary, and could offer a future first-round pick in return.
With the trade deadline quickly approaching on February 18, let’s see if the Cavs decide to pull the trigger on the 30-year-old Dudley.