- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Cavs Rumors: Cavaliers Interested in Acquiring Forward Jared Dudley
- Updated: February 5, 2016
“The Cavs would love to get their hands on Jared Dudley.
“They tried to trade for Jared Dudley. They kicked around trading for Jared Dudley last summer.”
With the Cavs most likely running into a powerhouse team like the Golden State Warriors or San Antonio Spurs if they hope to win a championship, Dudley would be an excellent addition to Cleveland’s wing.
Dudley could be used as a 3-and-D player, similar to the role of Shane Battier, who played power forward during his time with the Miami Heat so LeBron James could remain at the small forward position.
Cleveland currently has a trade exception large enough to absorb Dudley’s salary, and could offer a future first-round pick in return.
With the trade deadline quickly approaching on February 18, let’s see if the Cavs decide to pull the trigger on the 30-year-old Dudley.