- Report: LaMelo Ball has no plans to meet with Cavs ahead of 2020 NBA Draft
- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
Cavs Rumors: David Griffin Expects Tristan Thompson to Be in Camp on Friday
- Updated: October 1, 2015
Thompson, who is facing a 11:59 p.m. deadline on Thursday night to accept the Cavs’ $7 million qualifying offer, can choose to reject the offer and continue negotiations. The team had the right to extend the Oct. 1 deadline, however chose not to do so.
“We fully expect (Friday) he’ll be here in some form or fashion and we’re excited to get going,” Griffin said on NBA TV during a live broadcast of Thursday’s Cavs practice. “We’re hopeful that he wants to move forward with his teammates in the same way we want to have Tristan here. If we can come to some agreement we will.”
If 24-year-old power forward does choose to accept the qualifying offer, that means he will become an unrestricted free agent after the upcoming season.