- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
Cavs Rumors: David Griffin Expects Tristan Thompson to Be in Camp on Friday
- Updated: October 1, 2015
Thompson, who is facing a 11:59 p.m. deadline on Thursday night to accept the Cavs’ $7 million qualifying offer, can choose to reject the offer and continue negotiations. The team had the right to extend the Oct. 1 deadline, however chose not to do so.
“We fully expect (Friday) he’ll be here in some form or fashion and we’re excited to get going,” Griffin said on NBA TV during a live broadcast of Thursday’s Cavs practice. “We’re hopeful that he wants to move forward with his teammates in the same way we want to have Tristan here. If we can come to some agreement we will.”
If 24-year-old power forward does choose to accept the qualifying offer, that means he will become an unrestricted free agent after the upcoming season.