- Report: Multiple Celtics Players Don’t Make Trip to Cleveland to Face Cavs
- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
Cavs Rumors: David Griffin Expects Tristan Thompson to Be in Camp on Friday
- Updated: October 1, 2015
Thompson, who is facing a 11:59 p.m. deadline on Thursday night to accept the Cavs’ $7 million qualifying offer, can choose to reject the offer and continue negotiations. The team had the right to extend the Oct. 1 deadline, however chose not to do so.
“We fully expect (Friday) he’ll be here in some form or fashion and we’re excited to get going,” Griffin said on NBA TV during a live broadcast of Thursday’s Cavs practice. “We’re hopeful that he wants to move forward with his teammates in the same way we want to have Tristan here. If we can come to some agreement we will.”
If 24-year-old power forward does choose to accept the qualifying offer, that means he will become an unrestricted free agent after the upcoming season.