- Report: Cavs Still Committed to Darius Garland-Collin Sexton Combination
- Cavs News: Rookie Dylan Windler on Verge of NBA Debut
- Report: Tristan Thompson, Cavs Haven’t Discussed Extension Despite Him Being Top Target to Retain
- Report: Cavs’ John Beilein ‘Aspires’ to Create Culture Similar to Miami Heat’s
- John Beilein and Cavs Offer High Praise for Darius Garland After Latest Performance
- Damon Jones Defends Cavs After Stephen A. Smith Says Kyrie Irving Was ‘Done Dirty in Cleveland’
- Jordan Clarkson Tells Channing Frye to ‘Shut Up’ After He Gets Roasted in Hilarious Fashion
- John Beilein Rips Referees for Traveling Calls on Cavs: ‘It’s Not Fair’
- Kyrie Irving ‘Coward’ Signs Spotted in Boston Ahead of Celtics-Nets Matchup
- Tristan Thompson Says Collin Sexton and Darius Garland Are Different: ‘They’re Not Douchebags’
Cavs News: Forward Austin Daye Agrees to One-Year Deal with Cavaliers
- Updated: September 23, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers and free agent forward Austin Daye have agreed to a one-year contract according to Yahoo! Sports.
Free agent forward Austin Daye has agreed to one-year contract with Cavs, per Yahoo Sports.
— Sam Amico (@AmicoHoops) September 23, 2015
Daye, who last played for the San Antonio Spurs, is a perimeter-oriented big who will be best served off the bench in the power forward slot.
The 6’11” forward is a career 35.1% shooter from beyond the arc and had his best season in Detroit when he averaged 7.5 points, 3.8 rebounds, while shooting 40.1% from three-point range.
With a team focused around the paint-oriented LeBron James, Daye will be a perfect addition to this already dangerous Cavs squad.