- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Cavs News: Tristan Thompson Will Not Attend LeBron’s Pre-Training Camp
- Updated: September 11, 2015
“Restricted free agent Tristan Thompson will not attend the assembly, Northeast Ohio Media Group was informed. With the 24-year-old in the midst of a lengthy contract stalemate with the club, he has elected not to appear.”
It’s clear what Thompson’s message to the organization is: “I’m not currently under contract and don’t assume that I will play for the Cavaliers this season.”
The 24-year-old forward desires a max contract, while Cleveland has offered him a five-year contract worth $80 million.
Though Thompson doesn’t plan on attending James’ camp, most of the Cavaliers’ roster does plan on attending it:
“NEOMG is told that Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Anderson Varejao, J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert, Joe Harris, Mo Williams, James Jones, Richard Jefferson and Sasha Kaun are expected to be on the scene in Miami.”
This doesn’t mean that Thompson won’t a sign a deal with Cleveland any day now and join his teammates as a group.
As of right now however, Thompson is making his message loud and clear about how he’s not currently a Cavalier.