- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Updated: January 14, 2021
“Multiple Eastern Conference executives believe the writing is on the wall for Drummond’s future in Cleveland after the team gave up a first-round pick to acquire Allen, who is five years younger,” Michael Scotto of Hoopshype.com wrote. “Drummond will become an unrestricted free agent after the season.
“’Drummond is definitely out of Cleveland,’ one Eastern Conference executive predicted. ‘Cleveland wouldn’t give up a first if they didn’t want Allen long-term.'”
Drummond, 27, was shipped to the Cavs from the Detroit Pistons midway through the 2019-20 season.
While Drummond’s performance in a Cavs uniform was minimized last season due to the coronavirus pandemic, he has shown the Cavs how impactful he can be this season.
The veteran is collecting a career-high 18.0 points on top of 15.1 rebounds, 2.9 assists, 1.6 steals and 1.5 blocks per game this season. Drummond is leading the league in boards per contest.
The big man will be a free agent this upcoming offseason.