- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Updated: January 11, 2021
Porter has yet to play a single game in his second season in Cleveland as he’s been dealing with personal issues and is away from the team. However, he’s been keeping busy with on-court work with Portland Trail Blazers forward Carmelo Anthony.
View this post on Instagram
Although Porter didn’t make headlines like Zion Williamson or Ja Morant as a top-flight rookie last year, the University of Southern California product is a promising young player on the rise if he can get his act together.
The fact that Porter is staying active and on the court during this hiatus period is a good sign. The top priority for the Cavs moving forward with Porter is hoping he focuses on basketball and stays out of trouble off the floor.
The Cavs may have a promising future with their young core coming together. Whether Porter will be a valuable part of that future in Cleveland remains to be seen.