- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Report: Isaac Okoro already heeding advice from multiple successful players across NBA
- Updated: December 23, 2020
On Wednesday, big man Andre Drummond revealed that Okoro has been asking multiple successful players around the league for advice.
— Evan Dammarell (@AmNotEvan) December 23, 2020
Okoro, 19, was the No. 5 pick in the 2020 NBA Draft. Drummond complimented the Cavs’ brass for attaining Okoro.
Although the Cavs primarily saw Okoro as a defensive weapon, they have been impressed with his offensive upside.
In his preseason debut, Okoro collected 18 points and three steals. Furthermore, he hit a game-winning layup and free throw to help the Cavs win their first game of the preseason.
The Auburn University product averaged 12.9 points, 4.4 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game in college.
Drummond, JaVale McGee and Kevin Love are all great proven veterans Okoro is seeking advice from on the Cavs. Drummond and Love are former All-Stars, while McGee just won a championship with the Los Angeles Lakers.