- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
Report: Cavs picking up options of multiple key members of young core
- Updated: December 23, 2020
The Cleveland Cavaliers reportedly are picking up the options of several of their young players.
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) December 23, 2020
The only one of these that could come as a surprise is Porter Jr. because of his arrest this offseason.
However, by picking up his option, the Cavs are clearly showing that they believe he will get back on track and be a contributor in the future.
After all, he averaged 10.0 points per game on 44.2 percent shooting from the field last season.
The Cavs have a solid young backcourt in Sexton and Garland, but they would certainly like to see improvement from Garland this season after an up-and-down rookie campaign.
As for Windler, he missed the entire 2019-20 season due to injury, but he should factor into the rotation this year. He is a solid shooter and should help space the floor for Cleveland.
The Cavs will open the 2020-21 season tonight against the Charlotte Hornets.