- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Report: Several opposing executives believe Cavs will trade Andre Drummond before opening night
- Updated: December 9, 2020
Now, with the 2020-21 NBA season on the horizon, many executives around the league think the Cavs will deal Drummond before opening night.
“Several opposing executives contacted by OutKick over the past several days said they believe the Cleveland Cavaliers will trade center Andre Drummond, perhaps before the start of the season,” wrote Sam Amico.
The 6-foot-11, 280-pound center is entering the final season of his current contract. The Cavs have discussed a contract extension with him, but both sides have failed to come to terms.
One trade that was reportedly being discussed would’ve sent Drummond to the Boston Celtics for sharpshooting swingman Gordon Hayward. However, Hayward instead joined the Charlotte Hornets in a sign-and-trade deal.
At age 27 and with averages of 17.7 points, 15.2 rebounds and 1.6 blocked shots last season, Drummond should have some real value around the league.