- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Report: Cavs agree to deal with Thon Maker
- Updated: November 28, 2020
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) November 28, 2020
Maker, 23, was the No. 10 pick in the 2016 NBA Draft. He has struggled to find his role in the league through his first few seasons.
Last season, Maker appeared in 60 games for the Detroit Pistons, starting 14 of them.
He averaged 4.7 points and 2.8 rebounds in 12. 9 minutes per game last season.
The Cavs are in rebuild mode after finishing in last place in the Eastern Conference during the 2019-20 campaign.
While Maker isn’t a flashy signing, he could turn his career around in Cleveland.
Maker is a 7-footer and shot 34.4 percent from 3-point range last season. That and his age give him some upside on a low-risk deal.
The 2020-21 NBA season is set to begin on Dec. 22.