- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Kings big man claps back at Richard Jefferson after he embarrasses entire franchise
- Updated: November 26, 2020
Aside from a brief stretch in the early 2000s, the Sacramento Kings have been NBA laughingstocks for several decades.
I know Harrison Barnes won with the Warriors in 2015 but show me one player on the @SacramentoKings roster that could start for a Championship team.. even starting for a playoff team would be a stretch!
— Richaun Holmes (@Rich_Holmes22) November 25, 2020
Jefferson has a point, as the Kings have failed to make the playoffs since 2006 and are still far away from fielding a playoff-caliber roster.
They do possess De’Aaron Fox, one of the brightest young guards in the league. He averaged 21.1 points and 6.8 assists per game this past season, and he just earned himself a five-year, $163 max contract extension.
The Kings also have another young and talented guard in Buddy Hield, who put up 19.2 points per game in the 2019-20 season while hitting 39.4 percent of his 3-pointers.
However, they lost a major piece when swingman Bogdan Bogdanovic signed a huge contract with the Atlanta Hawks and the Kings refused to match the offer.
Sacramento will have its work cut out for it in order to get back into the playoffs anytime soon.