- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
- Report: Some Cavs veterans ‘resented’ Collin Sexton in 2018, wanted to trade for one last shot at title
- Video: Jarrett Allen catches a body as he posterizes Nets defender
- Video: James Harden delivers filthy through-the-legs pass to Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Porter Jr. shares emotional post as he bids goodbye to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Darius Garland and Dylan Windler expected to play Friday night vs. Nets
- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
Larry Nance Jr. sends major congratulations to Bam Adebayo and Brandon Ingram for max deals
- Updated: November 25, 2020
On Tuesday, it was announced that rising NBA stars Bam Adebayo and Brandon Ingram had signed max salary extensions to remain with the Miami Heat and New Orleans Pelicans, respectively.
Abebayo had something of a breakout season for the reigning Eastern Conference champs. He averaged 15.9 points, 10.2 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game this past season while helping the Heat surpass all expectations.
Ingram has been gradually emerging and improving the past few seasons, but in the 2019-20 campaign, he arrived as a bonafide star. He put up 23.8 points and 4.2 dimes a game while hitting 39.1 percent of his 3-point attempts.
Both Adebayo and Ingram were named to the NBA All-Star Game for the first time this past season.
Of course, the Cavs are hoping that young guard Darius Garland will reach a similar level within a couple of years and secure the bag himself as a franchise player.