- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
Report: Larry Nance Jr. drawing strong interest in NBA’s trade market
- Updated: November 5, 2020
The current lack of available players in that category helps explain the interest in Nance and other key players around the league.
“This is why you hear Larry Nance Jr.’s name a lot across the league — in addition to the big names in Oklahoma City ([Chris] Paul, [Danilo] Gallinari, and Dennis Schroder).” Lowe wrote. “Schroder would draw strong interest, sources say.”
Nance was acquired by the Cavaliers from the Los Angeles Lakers in a huge deal before the trade deadline in February 2018. At the time, the Cavaliers were strong contenders for an NBA championship. They are now several years into a complete rebuild following the departure of former superstar LeBron James.
Since joining the Cavaliers, Nance has primarily come off the bench, averaging 9.6 points, 7.7 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.3 steals per game with the team.
The Cavaliers have shown no real interest in trading away Nance up to this point. However, if the Celtics or other teams present an enticing offer, the Cavs may reconsider the idea of holding onto the veteran.