- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Larry Nance Jr. Has Emphatic Reaction to J.R. Smith Finally Being Back in NBA
- Updated: July 1, 2020
Veteran guard J.R. Smith is back in the NBA with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Smith, 34, hasn’t had a role in the league since the 2018-19 season.
As a matter of fact, Smith last played in the NBA with Nance on the Cavs. However, the relationship between Smith and the Cavs ended in an ugly split.
The pair also participated in the 2018 NBA Finals together. Although the Cavs got pummeled in the NBA Finals by the Golden State Warriors, they had a very exhilarating playoff run together.
Superstar LeBron James spearheaded the incredible run. The four-time MVP averaged 34.0 points, 9.1 rebounds and 9.0 assists per game during the 2018 postseason.
Now, James and Smith are reunited in Los Angeles. Smith will look to help James bring the Lakers a title this season. The Lakers currently hold the best record in the Western Conference.
Nance, on the other hand, will be watching the postseason from home, as the Cavs did not quality for the 22-team restart in Orlando, Fla. The 27-year-old was drafted by the Lakers in 2015.
While he may not being playing in the 2019-20 resumption, Nance has a few reasons to root for the Lakers.