- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Larry Nance Jr. Has Emphatic Reaction to J.R. Smith Finally Being Back in NBA
- Updated: July 1, 2020
Veteran guard J.R. Smith is back in the NBA with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Smith, 34, hasn’t had a role in the league since the 2018-19 season.
As a matter of fact, Smith last played in the NBA with Nance on the Cavs. However, the relationship between Smith and the Cavs ended in an ugly split.
The pair also participated in the 2018 NBA Finals together. Although the Cavs got pummeled in the NBA Finals by the Golden State Warriors, they had a very exhilarating playoff run together.
Superstar LeBron James spearheaded the incredible run. The four-time MVP averaged 34.0 points, 9.1 rebounds and 9.0 assists per game during the 2018 postseason.
Now, James and Smith are reunited in Los Angeles. Smith will look to help James bring the Lakers a title this season. The Lakers currently hold the best record in the Western Conference.
Nance, on the other hand, will be watching the postseason from home, as the Cavs did not quality for the 22-team restart in Orlando, Fla. The 27-year-old was drafted by the Lakers in 2015.
While he may not being playing in the 2019-20 resumption, Nance has a few reasons to root for the Lakers.