- J.R. Smith annihilates Olivia Harlan Dekker, insinuates husband uses N-bombs
- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
Report: Darius Garland Doesn’t Practice Friday, Will Return Next Week at Earliest
- Updated: March 6, 2020
However, in order to do that, he’ll first have to return to full health.
Garland is currently dealing with a groin issue that forced him to miss Friday’s practice. Beyond that, his return is not expected until next week at the earliest.
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) March 6, 2020
Garland has yet to play in the month of March, with his last outing coming in the Cavs’ Feb. 29 loss to the Indiana Pacers. In that game, he finished with 10 points, five assists and two rebounds.
Overall, Garland’s rookie campaign has been a mixed bag. While he’s flashed brilliance at times, he’s also struggled to be a consistent high-volume scoring threat.
So far this season, Garland is averaging 12.3 points, 3.9 assists and 1.9 rebounds per game.
The path to NBA success is a long one for even the most talented of players. Hopefully, this injury is just a slight bump in the road for Garland, who will surely look to finish out his rookie season on a high note.