- Darius Garland Organizes Cleanup in Downtown Nashville After Bouts of Vandalism and Destruction
- Video: J.R. Smith Expresses Deep Regret After Beating Up White Kid
- Larry Nance Jr. Shares Powerful Post on Racial Injustices With Photo of Kobe Bryant
- Video: J.R. Smith Seen Viciously Beating Up Kid for Breaking His Car Window
- Report: Cavs Trying to Drill 2 Key Values Into Kevin Porter Jr. to Help Him Realize His ‘Immense Potential’
- Video: J.R. Smith Says He Beat White Kid’s A– After Getting His Car Window Broken
- J.R. Smith and Jordan Clarkson Join Chaotic Protests in Los Angeles
- Report: Cavs Will Not Shy Away From Drafting LaMelo Ball Despite Being Guard-Heavy
- Report: Cavs, Warriors, Wolves, Hawks Not Likely to Be Included in NBA Resumption
- Report: Cavs Could Be in Jeopardy of Being One of NBA Teams Not Selected to Return
Report: Darius Garland Doesn’t Practice Friday, Will Return Next Week at Earliest
- Updated: March 6, 2020
However, in order to do that, he’ll first have to return to full health.
Garland is currently dealing with a groin issue that forced him to miss Friday’s practice. Beyond that, his return is not expected until next week at the earliest.
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) March 6, 2020
Garland has yet to play in the month of March, with his last outing coming in the Cavs’ Feb. 29 loss to the Indiana Pacers. In that game, he finished with 10 points, five assists and two rebounds.
Overall, Garland’s rookie campaign has been a mixed bag. While he’s flashed brilliance at times, he’s also struggled to be a consistent high-volume scoring threat.
So far this season, Garland is averaging 12.3 points, 3.9 assists and 1.9 rebounds per game.
The path to NBA success is a long one for even the most talented of players. Hopefully, this injury is just a slight bump in the road for Garland, who will surely look to finish out his rookie season on a high note.