- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
Report: Darius Garland Doesn’t Practice Friday, Will Return Next Week at Earliest
- Updated: March 6, 2020
However, in order to do that, he’ll first have to return to full health.
Garland is currently dealing with a groin issue that forced him to miss Friday’s practice. Beyond that, his return is not expected until next week at the earliest.
— Spencer Davies (@SpinDavies) March 6, 2020
Garland has yet to play in the month of March, with his last outing coming in the Cavs’ Feb. 29 loss to the Indiana Pacers. In that game, he finished with 10 points, five assists and two rebounds.
Overall, Garland’s rookie campaign has been a mixed bag. While he’s flashed brilliance at times, he’s also struggled to be a consistent high-volume scoring threat.
So far this season, Garland is averaging 12.3 points, 3.9 assists and 1.9 rebounds per game.
The path to NBA success is a long one for even the most talented of players. Hopefully, this injury is just a slight bump in the road for Garland, who will surely look to finish out his rookie season on a high note.