- Kevin Love takes swipe at Donald Trump as 2020 presidential debate gets heated
- Report: Delonte West checks into rehab facility after photo of him begging on street goes viral
- Cavs News: Kevin Love leaves team’s Cleveland bubble
- Report: Significant concerns emerging about Anthony Edwards as he gets compared to Dion Waiters
- Richard Jefferson throws shade at Los Angeles Clippers while praising Miami Heat
- Kevin Love acknowledges that he was big part in helping LeBron James win titles
- Kevin Love explains how important playing in front of crowds is to LeBron James
- Larry Nance Jr. responds with jubilation that Cavs and Tristan Thompson have ‘mutual interest’
- Koby Altman opens up on what Cavs plan to do with No. 5 overall pick
- Ja Morant insinuates missed dunk over Kevin Love would have been best of all time
Darius Garland Passes Kyrie Irving in Meaningful Stat for Cavs Rookie
- Updated: January 14, 2020
Monday night featured a brutal game for the Cleveland Cavaliers, as they got destroyed by the Los Angeles Lakers, 128-99.
But the blowout loss didn’t prevent one of the Cavs’ talented youngsters from reaching an important milestone.
For the game, Darius Garland put up a solid 16 points and four assists on 7-of-13 shooting from the field and 2-of-6 shooting from downtown.
Cleveland got off to a very good start, leading 27-21 at the end of the first quarter as its defense held LeBron James and company in check. It led by as many as 14 points early in the second quarter.
However, the Lakers cut the Cavs’ lead to 48-47 at halftime. After that, they went on a tear and outscored Cleveland 81-51 in the second half.
Garland struggled early this season, but has picked it up as of late.
Coming into Monday’s contest, he averaged 14.9 points and 4.3 assists on 46.2 percent field-goal shooting and 36.4 percent 3-point shooting in his previous 13 games.
In particular, Beilein seems pleased that Garland is doing a better job of limiting his turnovers.