- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
- Report: Nets in ‘active discussions’ with Cavs for JaVale McGee, also interested in Kevin Love
- Report: Darius Garland was ‘hurt’ when Cavs and Tristan Thompson parted ways
- Report: Nets to make run at acquiring Cavs backup center JaVale McGee
- Report: Cavs had chance to acquire DeAndre Jordan in 2018 with LeBron James on team
Darius Garland Passes Kyrie Irving in Meaningful Stat for Cavs Rookie
- Updated: January 14, 2020
Monday night featured a brutal game for the Cleveland Cavaliers, as they got destroyed by the Los Angeles Lakers, 128-99.
But the blowout loss didn’t prevent one of the Cavs’ talented youngsters from reaching an important milestone.
For the game, Darius Garland put up a solid 16 points and four assists on 7-of-13 shooting from the field and 2-of-6 shooting from downtown.
Cleveland got off to a very good start, leading 27-21 at the end of the first quarter as its defense held LeBron James and company in check. It led by as many as 14 points early in the second quarter.
However, the Lakers cut the Cavs’ lead to 48-47 at halftime. After that, they went on a tear and outscored Cleveland 81-51 in the second half.
Garland struggled early this season, but has picked it up as of late.
Coming into Monday’s contest, he averaged 14.9 points and 4.3 assists on 46.2 percent field-goal shooting and 36.4 percent 3-point shooting in his previous 13 games.
In particular, Beilein seems pleased that Garland is doing a better job of limiting his turnovers.