- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Heartfelt Message to Cavs Fans After Injury News
- Updated: January 6, 2020
Thank you guys for the prayers & the support, love always ?✨, We’ll be back! ?
The injury occurred when the 19-year-old fell to the floor during the third quarter of Sunday’s game against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
He let out a loud scream as he was seen writhing in pain while clutching his left leg. When something like that happens, fans and experts alike automatically fear the worse.
News of an ACL tear or a similarly debilitating injury would not have been much of a shock.
According to a statement from the Cavaliers organization, however, Porter only suffered a left knee sprain which will require “treatment, rehabilitation and evaluation.”
The University of Southern California product is averaging 8.5 points on 43.9 percent shooting from the field, to go along with 3.3 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game this season.
While an injury is never a good thing, the fact that it is not overly severe is certainly welcome news.