- Former Cavs Player Delonte West Seen Getting Beat Down on Freeway
- Report: Cavs Sign Tyler Cook to 2nd 10-Day Contract
- Report: Some Cavs Players Still Question John Beilein’s Ability to Succeed in NBA
- Tristan Thompson Indicates Refs Were Wrong to Eject Him for Incident With Jae Crowder
- Tristan Thompson Gets Ejected for Slapping Jae Crowder’s Behind
- Jose Calderon Details LeBron James Breaking His Hand After Game 1 of 2018 NBA Finals
- Collin Sexton Says There Was a Lot of ‘Disrespect’ Amongst Cavs Players Early in Season
- Report: NBA Executives Believe Kevin Love Was Primary Voice Behind Criticism of John Beilein
- Cavs Rumors: Tristan Thompson ‘Coveted by Contenders’ in Potential Trade
- 3 Ideal Trades the Cavs Should Pursue for Kevin Love
Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Heartfelt Message to Cavs Fans After Injury News
- Updated: January 6, 2020
Thank you guys for the prayers & the support, love always 💙✨, We’ll be back! 🦍
The injury occurred when the 19-year-old fell to the floor during the third quarter of Sunday’s game against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
He let out a loud scream as he was seen writhing in pain while clutching his left leg. When something like that happens, fans and experts alike automatically fear the worse.
News of an ACL tear or a similarly debilitating injury would not have been much of a shock.
According to a statement from the Cavaliers organization, however, Porter only suffered a left knee sprain which will require “treatment, rehabilitation and evaluation.”
The University of Southern California product is averaging 8.5 points on 43.9 percent shooting from the field, to go along with 3.3 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game this season.
While an injury is never a good thing, the fact that it is not overly severe is certainly welcome news.