- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Cavs News: Kevin Love Out Tonight vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Updated: January 5, 2020
— Chris Fedor (@ChrisFedor) January 5, 2020
While the reason for Love’s absence from the lineup is to reportedly give him some rest, it comes just one day after a pair of controversial incidents occurred involving the 12-year veteran.
Then, during the Cavaliers’ game against the Oklahoma City Thunder, Love displayed visible frustration on the court toward teammates.
Love’s lengthy injury history, and the fact that he’s now 31 years old does lend some credence to the rest theory. However, it’s inevitable that speculation will develop about Love’s absence being seen as a punishment by the team.
In the first year of a four-year contract that he signed in 2018, Love had indicated that he wanted to be part of the Cavaliers’ rebuilding process.
However, Love’s frustration regarding the Cavaliers’ 10-25 start has ramped up rumors that he’ll be traded before next month’s trade deadline. At present, the Cavaliers haven’t got much interest from other teams, largely due to the aforementioned contract and injury concerns.
Love’s actions over the next few weeks may speed up efforts by the Cavs to trade him, regardless of whether or not they can get the best possible deal. That’s because the Cavaliers are reluctant to have the veteran’s mindset develop among the team’s younger players.