- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
- Stunning New Nike Ad Parallels Cavs Coming Back in 2016 Finals to World Returning From Pandemic
Channing Frye Calls Cavs Organization ‘S— Show,’ Claims It Lied to Him, Kevin Love and J.R. Smith
- Updated: January 5, 2020
The Cleveland Cavaliers can’t seem to catch a break.
Now, the Cavs are receiving criticism from a former player.
Channing Frye, who played for the Cavs for four seasons, did not hold back in describing the messy situation in Cleveland.
I can’t do shit for that shit show https://t.co/TsLCGOrHOM
The thread started when the retired forward asked what had happened on the previous plays that led to Love’s show of frustration during a game against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
One Twitter user pointed out that Love had the much smaller Chris Paul on him, but Cavs coach John Beilein called for him to set a screen instead of taking advantage of the mismatch.
After acknowledging the response with a retweet, ESPN’s Amin Elhassan joined in on the conversation and asked Frye to come out of retirement, to which Frye replied with the tweet above.
To further add to the mess, Frye also implied that the team had lied to him, Love and J.R. Smith.
While Frye did not mince words in his criticism of the Cavs organization, he made sure to compliment the fans and the city of Cleveland.
Never. I miss Cleveland and the people everyday. I had the greatest time ever there. They deserve only the best. The fans are unreal and the city is underrated. That being said i can disagree with what’s going on with the team. https://t.co/Umb0ojtLER