- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Kobe Bryant Sends Message of Support to Jordan Clarkson Following Cavs Trade
- Updated: December 25, 2019
— Mamba Sports Academy (@MambaSportsHQ) December 24, 2019
Clarkson spent his first two seasons in the NBA as Bryant’s teammate, with the neophyte in a position to learn from the future Hall of Famer.
In February 2018, the Cavaliers acquired Clarkson from the Lakers in a reshaping of their roster for their impending playoff run.
With the Cavs not in contention for the postseason this year and Clarkson set to become a free agent this offseason, the team decided to send the guard to the Jazz.
While Bryant spent his entire career with the Lakers, his two decades within the organization had plenty of turmoil along the way.
That included dealing with off-the-court troubles, problems with teammate Shaquille O’Neal and a devastating Achilles injury.
Those struggles are certainly more than what Clarkson is facing as he joins a solid team in Utah. However, it can help provide the former Cavs guard with some realistic perspective as he enters his new situation.