- Report: Obi Toppin on Cavs radar with No. 5 pick in 2020 NBA draft
- Kevin Porter Jr. shouts out potential Cavs pick LaMelo Ball after huge announcement
- Iman Shumpert makes adamant pick between 2016 Cavs and 2020 Lakers
- Richard Jefferson takes hilarious shot at Giannis Antetokounmpo while comparing him to LeBron James
- Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson send huge congrats to ‘brother’ LeBron James for winning NBA title
- Andre Drummond campaigns for Cleveland Browns to give him shot at tight end
- Dylan Windler proceeds with huge life decision on Cavs home court
- Tristan Thompson shares threatening text LeBron James sent after Cavs lost Game 4 of 2016 finals
- Mark Cuban shares incredible picture of Delonte West to prove he’s on path to recovery
- Report: Boston Celtics could offer major trade package for ‘obvious target’ Larry Nance Jr.
Kobe Bryant Sends Message of Support to Jordan Clarkson Following Cavs Trade
- Updated: December 25, 2019
— Mamba Sports Academy (@MambaSportsHQ) December 24, 2019
Clarkson spent his first two seasons in the NBA as Bryant’s teammate, with the neophyte in a position to learn from the future Hall of Famer.
In February 2018, the Cavaliers acquired Clarkson from the Lakers in a reshaping of their roster for their impending playoff run.
With the Cavs not in contention for the postseason this year and Clarkson set to become a free agent this offseason, the team decided to send the guard to the Jazz.
While Bryant spent his entire career with the Lakers, his two decades within the organization had plenty of turmoil along the way.
That included dealing with off-the-court troubles, problems with teammate Shaquille O’Neal and a devastating Achilles injury.
Those struggles are certainly more than what Clarkson is facing as he joins a solid team in Utah. However, it can help provide the former Cavs guard with some realistic perspective as he enters his new situation.