- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
Kobe Bryant Sends Message of Support to Jordan Clarkson Following Cavs Trade
- Updated: December 25, 2019
— Mamba Sports Academy (@MambaSportsHQ) December 24, 2019
Clarkson spent his first two seasons in the NBA as Bryant’s teammate, with the neophyte in a position to learn from the future Hall of Famer.
In February 2018, the Cavaliers acquired Clarkson from the Lakers in a reshaping of their roster for their impending playoff run.
With the Cavs not in contention for the postseason this year and Clarkson set to become a free agent this offseason, the team decided to send the guard to the Jazz.
While Bryant spent his entire career with the Lakers, his two decades within the organization had plenty of turmoil along the way.
That included dealing with off-the-court troubles, problems with teammate Shaquille O’Neal and a devastating Achilles injury.
Those struggles are certainly more than what Clarkson is facing as he joins a solid team in Utah. However, it can help provide the former Cavs guard with some realistic perspective as he enters his new situation.