- J.B. Bickerstaff Says Cavs Will Give Kevin Porter Jr. Heavy Workload After All-Star Break
- Former Michigan Player Defends John Beilein, Destroys Cavs Players for Not Valuing Winning
- Kevin Love Explains Why John Beilein’s a ‘Real Man’ Despite His Departure
- Cavs Rumors: John Beilein Treated His Players Like ‘Dictator’
- Report: Cavs Reassigning John Beilein to Different Role Within Organization
- Report: Cavs May Try to Trade Andre Drummond This Summer
- Report: Cavs Players Began Blasting ‘Thuggish Ruggish Bone’ and ‘Thugz Mansion’ in Front of John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Forfeit Nearly $20M to Leave Cavs Coaching Job
- Collin Sexton Says His Game Has Improved in ‘Every Aspect’ Since Entering NBA
- Collin Sexton Discusses Close Relationship With Chris Paul, Says He Talks to Him Every Week
Kobe Bryant Sends Message of Support to Jordan Clarkson Following Cavs Trade
- Updated: December 25, 2019
— Mamba Sports Academy (@MambaSportsHQ) December 24, 2019
Clarkson spent his first two seasons in the NBA as Bryant’s teammate, with the neophyte in a position to learn from the future Hall of Famer.
In February 2018, the Cavaliers acquired Clarkson from the Lakers in a reshaping of their roster for their impending playoff run.
With the Cavs not in contention for the postseason this year and Clarkson set to become a free agent this offseason, the team decided to send the guard to the Jazz.
While Bryant spent his entire career with the Lakers, his two decades within the organization had plenty of turmoil along the way.
That included dealing with off-the-court troubles, problems with teammate Shaquille O’Neal and a devastating Achilles injury.
Those struggles are certainly more than what Clarkson is facing as he joins a solid team in Utah. However, it can help provide the former Cavs guard with some realistic perspective as he enters his new situation.