- Report: Cavs Have Made Everyone Except Darius Garland Available in Trade Talks
- Report: Cavs Asking for 1st-Round Pick in Exchange for Kevin Love
- Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
Kevin Love Shares Time When He Brought Clickbait Article to LeBron James and Got Rebuffed
- Updated: October 9, 2019
The relationship between Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love and his former teammate LeBron James is by all accounts a strong one. Yet a new report indicates that during the 2015-16 season, Love was fearful that being misquoted about James in an article was putting that friendship in danger.
Love spoke to Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com and recalled how one story was falsely presented in a way that hinted at conflict between him and James. Instead of being angry, Love says that James simply dismissed the effort as yet another attempt to drive a wedge through the team
“I was like, ‘Hey man, this is what I said, not the headline,'” Love remembered. “He said, ‘Kev, you can’t f—— let people like that tear us apart.’ He was like, ‘Don’t even come to me with that. I know us. I know we’re good, whatever.’”
Throughout his four years as James’ teammate, Love repeatedly heard his name mentioned in trade talks. Such discussions usually revolved around the mistaken belief that the two players couldn’t co-exist with the Cavaliers.
While the two veterans had the occasional differences that other NBA players have, none rose to the level of controversy suggested. James’ comments to Love about that particular situation no doubt developed from previous instances in which James’ own actions were misrepresented.
In the end, the two players played key roles in making the Cavaliers perennial NBA title contenders. Their relationship is forever embedded in the minds of every Cavaliers fan with one photo that was taken immediately after the Cavs had captured the 2016 NBA championships: the two players enthusiastically hugging in celebration.