- Khris Middleton Looking Forward to Battling Matthew Dellavedova During USA-Australia Match
- Kevin Porter Jr. and Bol Bol Voted as Biggest Steals in 2019 NBA Draft
- Video: Cavs Rookie Kevin Porter Jr. Drops 40-Point Triple-Double in Crawsover Pro-Am League Game
- Former Cavs Head Coach Announces He Suffers From Multiple Sclerosis
- Report: Cavs’ ‘Deep-Thinkers’ Worried About Defensive Limitations Around Sexton-Garland Backcourt
- Cavs Insider Says Team Getting More Than 25 Wins This Season Would Be ‘Pleasant Surprise’
- Report: Cavs Plan to Have 6 Guards on Roster by Start of Season
- J.R. Smith Gets Incredible Tattoo of His Daughter
- Kevin Love to Appear on Upcoming Episode of LeBron James’ ‘The Shop’
- Report: Cavs Sign Former Orlando Magic Swingman to 1-Year Deal
Video: LeBron James Jr. Nearly Ends High School Player’s Life With Vicious Dunk
- Updated: July 24, 2019
LeBron James knows what it’s like to posterize another player. His son, LeBron James Jr., followed after his father’s footsteps recently when he slammed the ball hard in another high school player’s face.
The elder James posted the video to his Instagram. His son’s vicious dunk sent the crowd into a frenzy and left everyone stunned at the ferocity of the play.
If NBA on TNT commentator Kevin Harlan had been around to call the play, he would have certainly said, “LeBron James Jr. with no regard for human life!”
The move to get to the basket and subsequent dunk on the opponent were reminiscent of the former Cleveland Cavaliers forward’s in-your-face dunk against the Boston Celtics’ Kevin Garnett in the 2008 NBA Playoffs.
To this day, James’ dunk on Garnett is remembered as one of the finest moments in Cavaliers history and one of the most celebrated moments of his young career at the time.
James Jr.’s basketball career appears to be following the same trajectory as his father’s. If he keeps this up, he could extend his father’s legacy in the NBA by taking over the league when LeBron James finally retires.