- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
- Larry Nance Jr. offers high praise for Miami Marlins’ historic hire of Kim Ng
Video: LeBron James Jr. Nearly Ends High School Player’s Life With Vicious Dunk
- Updated: July 24, 2019
LeBron James knows what it’s like to posterize another player. His son, LeBron James Jr., followed after his father’s footsteps recently when he slammed the ball hard in another high school player’s face.
The elder James posted the video to his Instagram. His son’s vicious dunk sent the crowd into a frenzy and left everyone stunned at the ferocity of the play.
If NBA on TNT commentator Kevin Harlan had been around to call the play, he would have certainly said, “LeBron James Jr. with no regard for human life!”
The move to get to the basket and subsequent dunk on the opponent were reminiscent of the former Cleveland Cavaliers forward’s in-your-face dunk against the Boston Celtics’ Kevin Garnett in the 2008 NBA Playoffs.
To this day, James’ dunk on Garnett is remembered as one of the finest moments in Cavaliers history and one of the most celebrated moments of his young career at the time.
James Jr.’s basketball career appears to be following the same trajectory as his father’s. If he keeps this up, he could extend his father’s legacy in the NBA by taking over the league when LeBron James finally retires.