- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
- Cavs break silence regarding Kevin Porter Jr.’s troubling arrest
- Report: Celtics offered multiple 1st-round picks for Cavs’ No. 5 overall pick
- Cavs news: Kevin Porter Jr. arrested on weapons charges
- Report: Veteran big man would ‘love to play’ for Cavs as free agency nears
- Larry Nance Jr. offers high praise for Miami Marlins’ historic hire of Kim Ng
Report: Kevin Porter Jr. Unlikely to Participate in Las Vegas Summer League
- Updated: July 4, 2019
Porter is still recovering from a minor hip flexor injury that he sustained during pre-draft workouts.
Cavs head coach John Beilien spoke about the chances of Porter suiting up in Vegas.
“No, I don’t expect it,” Beilein said following the Cavaliers’ Salt Lake City Summer League finale. “It’s up to the trainers with all this stuff. This is one area where I’m saying, ‘You know what? This is a long way from our season right now.’ We would love to have all those guys out there, just even (Jaron) Blossomgame would be helpful for us, but we don’t have that experience or those two great draftees we have.”
Porter also remarked on his status.
““I’m still hurt,” Porter told cleveland.com.
It’s a shame that the Cavs staff will not be able to see Porter in action. He was selected with the No. 30 overall selection in the 2019 NBA Draft, but was once considered to be a surefire lottery pick before off-court distractions marred his first and only season at the University of Southern California.
In the end, what matters most is that Porter is able to enter the 2019-20 regular season with a clean bill of health. Given his raw physical talent, he may transition to the speed of the NBA quite quickly.