- Report: Cavs Have Made Everyone Except Darius Garland Available in Trade Talks
- Report: Cavs Asking for 1st-Round Pick in Exchange for Kevin Love
- Tristan Thompson Gushes About Kevin Porter Jr.: ‘The Kid Has Something Special’
- Report: Cavs Actively Listening to Trade Proposals for Kevin Love
- Cavs Rumors: Kevin Love ‘Prefers’ Trade to Portland Trail Blazers
- Kevin Porter Jr. Rips Cavs Defense, Says ‘We Keep Ball-Watching’
- Tristan Thompson’s Statement After Cavs Loss: ‘Rather Lose Like This Than Any Other F——— Way’
- Report: John Beilein Reached Out to 76ers Coach on How to Deal With Struggling Cavs
- Report: Portland Trail Blazers Could Package Hassan Whiteside, 1st-Round Pick for Kevin Love
- Report: Denver Nuggets Could Package Multiple Players in Trade for Kevin Love
R.J. Barrett Says He’s Only Willing to Meet and Work Out With New York Knicks
- Updated: June 10, 2019
If that is part of the Cavs’ draft day plans, they’ll probably want to heed the youngster’s clear expression of desire to end up on the New York Knicks.
R.J. Barrett won't be meeting with any other teams, and says that he wants to be a Knick:
"This is the place I want to be, I hope they draft me" pic.twitter.com/E1i11C1C17
— SNY (@SNYtv) June 10, 2019
“I won’t be meeting with any other teams,” Barrett said after his workout with the Knicks. “If that ends up that I’m still there at three, sure I would love for them to take me. This is the place I want to be, so I hope they draft me.”
It’s pretty definitive by his words that Barrett has set his sites solely on the Big Apple. Still, if the Cavs were to somehow trade up to the No. 3 spot, it’s unlikely that Barrett would not honor that.
That being said, it already seemed fairly unlikely for the Cavs to get themselves in position to draft Barrett. Knowing he’d be disappointed by ending up in Cleveland rather than New York makes the incentive for the Cavs quite a bit less.