- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Richard Jefferson’s Hilarious Reaction to Tyronn Lue Talks Falling Apart With Lakers
- Updated: May 8, 2019
That all changed on Wednesday when it was shockingly reported that talks between the two sides had broken down and that the Lakers were shifting their search elsewhere.
The Lakers have decided to move on from Ty Lue as they search for their next head coach, having determined he isn't the right long-term fit for the organization, according to a team source.
— Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) May 8, 2019
Shortly after the news was first reported, former Cavs player Richard Jefferson took to Twitter to express his opinion on the news.
The replies are just as hilarious as the tweet itself, with one Lakers fan even asking Jefferson to come coach the maligned franchise.
Now, with Lue out of the picture, it’s anyone’s guess as to who the Lakers target next.
One thing is for certain. This kind of unrest and lack of clear direction is certainly not what James had in mind when he traded in the Wine and Gold for the Purple and Gold last summer.