- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
- Report: Cavs Still Exploring Ways to Trade for No. 3 Pick to Draft R.J. Barrett
- Video: Kevin Love Discusses If He’s Open to Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: Cavs Held Private Workout, Had Dinner With Jarrett Culver on Monday
- How Cavs Could Land No. 3 Pick By Facilitating Anthony Davis Trade to Knicks
- Channing Frye Gives Hilarious Take on Kawhi Leonard
- Kevin Love Gives Bold Prediction on Rest of NBA Finals
- Cavs Fans Quickly Shut Down SportsCenter’s ‘Fact’ About Toronto Raptors
- Kevin Love’s Emphatic Reaction After Seeing Kevin Durant Go Down With Injury in Game 5
- R.J. Barrett Says He’s Only Willing to Meet and Work Out With New York Knicks
Odell Beckham Jr. Says He Wants to Follow in LeBron’s Footsteps for City of Cleveland
- Updated: April 2, 2019
Odell Beckham Jr. is bringing his superstar personality to the Cleveland Browns. The talented wide receiver is hoping to follow in LeBron James’ footsteps by bringing a championship to Cleveland.
Of course, James is probably the most important athlete in the history of Cleveland sports. He’s not a bad role model for Beckham to have.
James and the Cleveland Cavaliers beat the vaunted Golden State Warriors in the 2016 NBA Finals. That title ended a 52-year championship drought for the city of Cleveland.
The Browns have never even appeared in a Super Bowl. As a result, the city is dying for a contender. Perhaps the Browns will fit the bill with Beckham in the fold.
In addition to Beckham, the Browns will have star wide receiver Jarvis Landry catching balls from Baker Mayfield. Cleveland appears to be on the upswing after general manager John Dorsey revamped the roster.
Obviously, it is difficult to imagine any athlete ever eclipsing James’ legacy in Cleveland, but that’s an impossible standard to meet. If Beckham and the Browns can win a Super Bowl, they’ll carve out their own special place in Cleveland history.