- Damon Jones Defends Cavs After Stephen A. Smith Says Kyrie Irving Was ‘Done Dirty in Cleveland’
- Jordan Clarkson Tells Channing Frye to ‘Shut Up’ After He Gets Roasted in Hilarious Fashion
- John Beilein Rips Referees for Traveling Calls on Cavs: ‘It’s Not Fair’
- Kyrie Irving ‘Coward’ Signs Spotted in Boston Ahead of Celtics-Nets Matchup
- Tristan Thompson Says Collin Sexton and Darius Garland Are Different: ‘They’re Not Douchebags’
- Report: Cavs to Eventually Demote Collin Sexton to Bench Role
- Darius Garland Speaks on Recent Improvement: ‘It’s Starting to Slow Down for Me’
- Report: Rival Executives Expected Trail Blazers to Target Kevin Love After Zach Collins Injury
- LeBron James Hilariously Reacts to Richard Jefferson Trolling New York Knicks
- Kevin Love Not Buying That Kyrie Irving Is a Bad Teammate
Report: Kevin Love Questionable vs. Detroit Pistons With New Injury
- Updated: March 18, 2019
Kevin Love returned from his toe injury back in early February, but now the All-Star big man is dealing with a new injury that might keep him out of Monday night’s game versus the Detroit Pistons.
After taking a hard fall in a loss to the Dallas Mavericks over the weekend, the Cleveland Cavaliers star is questionable for Monday night’s game.
.@kevinlove questionable for tonight’s game vs Pistons with low back contusion. Hard fall Saturday at Dallas
— Marla Ridenour (@MRidenourABJ) March 18, 2019
Following the All-Star break, Love expressed his goal to not miss any further games due to injury this season. If he does end up missing Monday’s matchup, it will mark his third missed game since the mid-February break.
Still, Love has returned to All-Star form when he has played. So far in the month of March, Love is averaging 17.8 points and 12.0 rebounds per game. He’s recorded four double-double performances in six appearances.
The truth is, with just 12 games left on the schedule, the Cavs benefit more from losing than they do from winning at the moment. The worse their record is, the better chances the Cavs have of selecting at the top of the 2019 NBA Draft.
While it will be a shame if Love has to miss time due to his injured back, there’s no reason to push the veteran star as the 2018-19 campaign winds down.