- Brad Stevens Heaps Praise on John Beilein, Says He Will Thrive in Cleveland
- Report: Several Cavs Players Say ‘Toughness’ Was Difference Between Them and Celtics
- Report: Jayson Tatum to Miss Celtics-Cavs Matchup on Tuesday Night
- Kevin Love Discusses What It Was Like to Visit With Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert
- Report: Cavs Have Been Receptive to John Beilein’s Extremely Long Practices
- Video: Austin Carr Accidentally Calls New Cavs Play-by-Play Announcer ‘Fred’
- Report: Cavs Visited Team Owner Dan Gilbert at His Detroit Home on Saturday
- Report: Cavs Willing to Put Darius Garland in Starting Lineup Immediately
- Darius Garland Opens Up on Adjustment to NBA: ‘It’s Been Really Fun’
- Channing Frye Refuses to Call Stephen Curry ‘Lock’ for MVP
Cavs News: Kevin Love to Make Long-Awaited Return Tonight vs. Washington Wizards
- Updated: February 8, 2019
It’s the first time that Love has played since Oct. 24 in a loss to the Brooklyn Nets. His nagging toe injury required surgery, which has kept him out for the last 50 games.
It remains to be seen how coach Larry Drew will handle Love’s minutes, but the five-time All-Star won’t be coming off the bench. The power forward will immediately step into his role as part of the starting lineup.
It’s safe to say that Cleveland is happy to have Love back. Not only is he the team’s best player and brightest star, but the team has gone 11-39 in his absence.
In the four games he has played this season, Love is averaging 19.0 points, 13.5 rebounds, and 3.5 assists per game.