- Report: Eastern conference executive says Andre Drummond ‘definitely out of Cleveland’
- Former NBA executive discloses how much Cavs would likely pay Jarrett Allen in long-term deal
- Andre Drummond has hilarious reaction to finding out Cavs traded for another center in Jarrett Allen
- Report: Cavs waive 2 players in aftermath of blockbuster James Harden trade
- Report: Cavs acquire Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince in blockbuster James Harden deal
- Report: Cavs helping Kevin Porter Jr. ‘get his life together before putting him on the court’
- Report: Cavs reveal MRI results of Collin Sexton’s latest injury
- Report: Cavs considered adding Jeremy Lin before signing Yogi Ferrell
- Kevin Porter Jr. highlights relationship with Carmelo Anthony as he remains away from Cavs
- Report: Steve Nash continues to have no update on Kyrie Irving’s mysterious absence from Nets
Kevin Durant Pays Ultimate Compliment to Rookie Collin Sexton
- Updated: December 6, 2018
“I saw him play Houston — he was going at Harden. He was trying to go at Kyrie. He was trying to go at every player,” Durant said. “You could tell he’s circling the big point guards and the big matchups on his calendar and he wants to show everybody who he is. He has a bright future.”
Sexton, 19, is having a very solid first year in the NBA. The 6-foot-2 point guard is posting 14.8 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 29.2 minutes per game. The rookie takes every assignment seriously, plays competitively and gives it his all every night.
During Wednesday night’s contest against the 2018 champions, Sexton put up a team-high 21 points on 50 percent shooting from the field. It was just the latest positive performance against a playoff team. Over the last few weeks, the rookie has faced and fared well against the Philadelphia 76ers, Houston Rockets, Oklahoma City Thunder, Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors and Warriors.
In fact, Durant hasn’t been the only superstar to shower the youngster with praise. Celtics guard Kyrie Irving spoke highly of Sexton when the pair matched up for the first time last week. While fans don’t know if Sexton will blossom into the star Irving is yet, it’s a very good sign that other All-Stars are holding the Cavs rookie in high regard.