- Report: Cavs to Work Out Forward De’Andre Hunter Next Week
- Cavs Players React to Raptors Winning 2019 NBA Finals
- Kevin Love’s Tragic Response to Klay Thompson Suffering Torn ACL in NBA Finals
- NBA Commissioner Comments on Dan Gilbert’s Condition and Ability to Continue as Cavs Owner
- Report: Tyronn Lue Being Subpoenaed in Lawsuit Against Cavs
- Channing Frye Explains Why He Chose to Sign With Cavs Over Raptors Last Offseason
- Report: Koby Altman ‘Stunned’ Lindsay Gottlieb With Offer She Couldn’t Refuse
- Steve Kerr Heavily Praises Cavs Upon Unprecedented Hiring of Lindsay Gottlieb
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Considering Dealing No. 5 Pick to Atlanta Hawks
- Report: Cavs Make Groundbreaking Hire With Latest Addition to Staff
How Kyrie Irving Reacted When He Heard He Had Been Traded to the Boston Celtics
- Updated: August 31, 2018
While fans and experts alike have gone over how the trade changed both the Cavs and Boston Celtics, less has been discussed regarding how the trade changed the players involved.
Thanks to ESPN’s Chris Forsberg, fans now know how the deal immediately impacted Irving just a little bit more.
According to Forsberg, Irving was filming his basketball comedy movie “Uncle Drew” when he heard the news that the trade had been finalized.
“All of a sudden I hear someone screaming, like a guy is just yelling and screaming. And then I see Kyrie run across the dance floor and down through the club and book it right out the door,” director Charles Stone III said. “And I’m already numb from the grind of shooting. I just kinda looked at my [assistant director] and deadpanned, ‘What happened now?'”
For Irving, the screaming quickly subsided, and he had to momentarily leave the film’s set to regroup.
“I left out of the club that we were shooting at and I had to decompress for a quick second and it was just an energy shift,” said Irving.
The trade proved well worth it for the Celtics last season, despite the fact that Irving missed the entire postseason after undergoing surgery. Now, with the All-Star point guard returning to full health and a talented and youthful roster around him, the Celtics seem destined to be the new class of the Eastern Conference.
For the Cavs, they will get to see if rookie point guard Collin Sexton, who they selected with a draft pick they received in the trade, can live up to the expectations of becoming the next star in Cleveland. If he does, there will be no doubt that this trade ended up benefiting both organizations.