- Tristan Thompson hopes Cavs retire his jersey, makes perfect analogy to ‘tough, gritty MFs’ of Cleveland
- LeBron James offers heavy praise for Cavs rebuild, admits he pays ‘close attention’ to team
- Dylan Windler throws subtle shade at refs for not getting foul call after slam on Kyle Kuzma
- Video: LeBron James has heartwarming reunion with Cedi Osman prior to Cavs game vs. Lakers
- LeBron James reveals Cavs fan that mocked him, which led to 21-point explosion in 4th quarter
- Collin Sexton opens up on why Cavs needed blowout loss versus Celtics
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are hoping Andre Drummond gets bought out by Cleveland Cavaliers
- Report: LeBron James gave Cavs teammates ‘300’ style Spartan shields before facing Warriors in 2016 Finals
- Report: Larry Nance Jr. to miss Monday’s game vs. Lakers with new injury
- Report: Cavs could try to flip Andre Drummond and Kevin Love for draft capital
Report: Cavs Wanted First-Round Pick in Exchange for Kyle Korver
- Updated: July 25, 2018
What the initial report did not include, however, was that the Cavs were apparently asking for quite a bit more in the deal.
Some clarification RE: the Cavs wanting a first-round pick from the Sixers for Korver. I should have been more clear in my initial tweet. https://t.co/49uFGHQBpW
— Ben Axelrod (@BenAxelrod) July 25, 2018
Based on the tweet, it seems there was a bit of confusion regarding the trade discussions between the Cavs and 76ers. What does seem clear is that unless Philadelphia decides it is willing to part ways with a first-round pick, they likely wont be granted the rights to the sharpshooting veteran.
With the NBA offseason in full swing, there is still quite a lot of time for the Cavs to make additional moves. It is unclear if the Cavs and 76ers will be able to finalize a deal for Korver, but there are likely several teams around the league who would jump to trade for him.
Only time will tell whether Korver’s future is in Cleveland, Philadelphia, or somewhere else.