- Luka Doncic Pays Cedi Osman Ultimate Compliment After Rising Stars Challenge
- LeBron James Reveals Why Kyrie Irving’s Recent Phone Call Meant So Much to Him
- Rodney Hood Explains Why Playing in Cleveland Was So Rough Last Season
- Report: Former Cavs GM to Be ‘Likely Target’ in New Orleans Pelicans’ Search
- LeBron James Offers Huge Praise for Zion Williamson
- Report: Dan Gilbert Talked to Certain Cavs Players After Wednesday’s Loss to Brooklyn Nets
- Collin Sexton Takes Slight Jab at New York Knicks’ Kevin Knox
- Cavs Teammates Rave About ‘Hotheaded’ Marquese Chriss
- Scottie Pippen Takes Huge Shot at LeBron James in Comparison to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Cavs ‘Furious’ About Officiating Following Triple-Overtime Loss
Report: Cavs Wanted First-Round Pick in Exchange for Kyle Korver
- Updated: July 25, 2018
What the initial report did not include, however, was that the Cavs were apparently asking for quite a bit more in the deal.
Some clarification RE: the Cavs wanting a first-round pick from the Sixers for Korver. I should have been more clear in my initial tweet. https://t.co/49uFGHQBpW
— Ben Axelrod (@BenAxelrod) July 25, 2018
Based on the tweet, it seems there was a bit of confusion regarding the trade discussions between the Cavs and 76ers. What does seem clear is that unless Philadelphia decides it is willing to part ways with a first-round pick, they likely wont be granted the rights to the sharpshooting veteran.
With the NBA offseason in full swing, there is still quite a lot of time for the Cavs to make additional moves. It is unclear if the Cavs and 76ers will be able to finalize a deal for Korver, but there are likely several teams around the league who would jump to trade for him.
Only time will tell whether Korver’s future is in Cleveland, Philadelphia, or somewhere else.