- 4 Players Cavs Should Look at With No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
- Magic Johnson Says Los Angeles Lakers Should Pursue Kyrie Irving in Free Agency
- Report: Cavs Hire J.B. Bickerstaff as Associate Head Coach
- Report: Cavs ‘Really Want’ R.J. Barrett, Will Try to Maneuver to Make It Happen
- Report: Cavs Will ‘Undoubtedly’ Try to Get Another 1st-Round Pick for 2019 NBA Draft
- Report: Teams ‘More Wary’ of Pursuing Kyrie Irving This Offseason
- Giannis Antetokounmpo Admits Eastern Conference Easier Now That LeBron James Is Gone
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Coaching and Guiding Youngsters in Philippines
- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
Report: Cavs Wanted First-Round Pick in Exchange for Kyle Korver
- Updated: July 25, 2018
What the initial report did not include, however, was that the Cavs were apparently asking for quite a bit more in the deal.
Some clarification RE: the Cavs wanting a first-round pick from the Sixers for Korver. I should have been more clear in my initial tweet. https://t.co/49uFGHQBpW
— Ben Axelrod (@BenAxelrod) July 25, 2018
Based on the tweet, it seems there was a bit of confusion regarding the trade discussions between the Cavs and 76ers. What does seem clear is that unless Philadelphia decides it is willing to part ways with a first-round pick, they likely wont be granted the rights to the sharpshooting veteran.
With the NBA offseason in full swing, there is still quite a lot of time for the Cavs to make additional moves. It is unclear if the Cavs and 76ers will be able to finalize a deal for Korver, but there are likely several teams around the league who would jump to trade for him.
Only time will tell whether Korver’s future is in Cleveland, Philadelphia, or somewhere else.