- Kendrick Perkins Takes Jab at Kyrie Irving Replacing Pau Gasol as NBPA Vice President
- Cavs Rumors: J.B. Bickerstaff Expected to Replace Head Coach John Beilein
- Report: John Beilein Has Become ‘Unhappy’ and ‘Miserable’ as Cavs Head Coach
- Report: John Beilein Expected to Step Down as Cavs Head Coach
- Video: Kevin Love Shares Powerful Words About Depression Alongside Barack Obama
- Darius Garland Being Compared to Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard
- Video: Collin Sexton Seen Putting in Additional Work in After 2020 Rising Stars Game
- Dwyane Wade Says He Felt Like a ‘Zombie’ During His Stint on Cavs
- Report: Cavs Player Believes Andre Drummond Gives Team ‘Championship-Level Frontcourt’
- Tristan Thompson Says LeBron James Has ‘Worst Diet Ever’ and ‘Eats Like S—‘
Draymond Green Tells Tristan Thompson ‘I Don’t F— With You’ After Game 4
- Updated: June 12, 2018
Near the end of overtime in Game 1 of this year’s NBA Finals, Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green and Cleveland Cavaliers center Tristan Thompson nearly engaged in an on-court brawl. When the series ended in a four-game sweep for the Warriors eight nights later, some of those emotions lingered as Green refused to shake Thompson’s hand as he walked past him to celebrate with teammates.
The video below captures Green’s brief profane postgame interaction with Thompson:
— warriorsworld (@warriorsworld) June 12, 2018
In the Game 1 incident, Thompson took exception to remarks from Green after he was ejected and proceeded to push the basketball into Green’s face. After Green charged Thompson, the two had to be separated before Thompson was led off the court. At that point, Green mockingly waved to him.
Earlier in that game, Green also was involved in another situation with the Cavs’ LeBron James. Green poked James in the eye near the Cavaliers’ basket, with James commenting about still having blurry vision after the contest. The visible reminder of Green’s poke was something that lingered throughout the remainder of the brief series.