- Larry Nance Jr. Pays Respect to Kobe Bryant as He Shows Off Latest Cavs Workout
- Report: Cavs ‘Eager to Play’ as Hot Debate Regarding How NBA Should Return Continues
- Pelicans Rookie Declares LeBron James Buzzer-Beater Favorite Game-Winner in NBA History
- J.B. Bickerstaff on Collin Sexton: ‘You Will Not Find a Guy Who Is More Serious About His Game’
- Andre Drummond Leaves Waitress Stunned as He Leaves Enormous Tip on Check
- Kendrick Perkins Says James Harden Better All-Around Player Than Stephen Curry
- Report: International Club to Target Ante Zizic This Offseason
- Kevin Porter Jr. Sends Passionate Message to City of Cleveland
- Khloe Kardashian Sends NSFW Message to Woman Claiming to Be Mother of Tristan Thompson’s Son
- Ranking the 10 Best Players in Cleveland Cavaliers History
NBA Players React to Crucial Charge Call on Kevin Durant Being Overturned
- Updated: June 1, 2018
Game 1 of the NBA Finals was filled with controversial moments from start to finish. However, none were more controversial than when the game’s referees overturned a charging foul call on Kevin Durant and turned it into a blocking foul on LeBron James late in the game.
With just 36.4 seconds left on the clock following the play, it was a hugely impactful call to make on basketball’s biggest stage. While the Oracle Arena crowd was jubilant over the overturned call, many could not understand how the game’s refs would make such a huge change on what amounted to a judgement call.
Some of those who were left scratching their heads were James and Durant’s own colleagues. A number of NBA stars took to Twitter to share their opinions on the questions call.
— Chris Bosh (@chrisbosh) June 1, 2018
I thought the only way you can change a charge call was if someone was in or out of the charge circle
— Damian Lillard (@Dame_Lillard) June 1, 2018
Never seen a charge call over turned based on movement in my life. . Only seen it changed based on whether or not someone was in the restricted area
— CJ McCollum (@CJMcCollum) June 1, 2018
Why can you review block/ charge and not any other call? That don’t make sense to me ??♂️
— Derrick White (@Dwhite921) June 1, 2018
Everyone’s talking about George Hill and JR Smith but that reviewed and then changed block/charge call was the real killer “what if”… Glad I wasn’t a ref in that situation… looked like a true 50/50 call #NBAfinals
— Matt Bonner (@mattbonner_15) June 1, 2018
L M A O
— Spencer Dinwiddie (@SDinwiddie_25) June 1, 2018
Didn’t know you could change a judgement call….
— Maurice Harkless (@moe_harkless) June 1, 2018
Damn tough call!
I suddenly don’t know the review rules anymore
— Francis Kaminsky III (@FSKPart3) June 1, 2018
If the call had been confirmed as an offensive charge, the Cavs would have regained possession with a real chance to ice the game. Instead, Durant was sent to the line and managed to tie the game up.
The rest, as they say, is history.