- Klay Thompson Says He Knew Warriors Were Going to Sweep ‘Defeated’ Cavs
- Nik Stauskas ‘Super Excited’ Koby Altman Brought Him Back to Cavs Organization
- Ranking the 5 Worst Cleveland Cavaliers Teams of All Time
- Report: Cavs Sign Guard Nik Stauskas to Deal for Rest of Season
- Channing Frye Notes Hilarious Pet Peeve Richard Jefferson Used to Have About Him
- Report: Cavs Have Added Monster Amount of Money to Payroll Since LeBron’s Departure
- Kevin Love Shares Inspirational Message Following First Game Back From Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Make Long-Awaited Return Tonight vs. Washington Wizards
- LeBron James on Game 7 vs. Boston Celtics Last Year: ‘I Damn Near Killed Myself That Day’
- Report: Cavs Release Huge Update Regarding Kevin Love’s Return
NBA Players React to Crucial Charge Call on Kevin Durant Being Overturned
- Updated: June 1, 2018
Game 1 of the NBA Finals was filled with controversial moments from start to finish. However, none were more controversial than when the game’s referees overturned a charging foul call on Kevin Durant and turned it into a blocking foul on LeBron James late in the game.
With just 36.4 seconds left on the clock following the play, it was a hugely impactful call to make on basketball’s biggest stage. While the Oracle Arena crowd was jubilant over the overturned call, many could not understand how the game’s refs would make such a huge change on what amounted to a judgement call.
Some of those who were left scratching their heads were James and Durant’s own colleagues. A number of NBA stars took to Twitter to share their opinions on the questions call.
— Chris Bosh (@chrisbosh) June 1, 2018
I thought the only way you can change a charge call was if someone was in or out of the charge circle
— Damian Lillard (@Dame_Lillard) June 1, 2018
Never seen a charge call over turned based on movement in my life. . Only seen it changed based on whether or not someone was in the restricted area
— CJ McCollum (@CJMcCollum) June 1, 2018
Why can you review block/ charge and not any other call? That don’t make sense to me 🤷🏽♂️
— Derrick White (@Dwhite921) June 1, 2018
Everyone’s talking about George Hill and JR Smith but that reviewed and then changed block/charge call was the real killer “what if”… Glad I wasn’t a ref in that situation… looked like a true 50/50 call #NBAfinals
— Matt Bonner (@mattbonner_15) June 1, 2018
L M A O
— Spencer Dinwiddie (@SDinwiddie_25) June 1, 2018
Didn’t know you could change a judgement call….
— Maurice Harkless (@moe_harkless) June 1, 2018
Damn tough call!
— Andre Drummond (@AndreDrummond) June 1, 2018
I suddenly don’t know the review rules anymore
— Francis Kaminsky III (@FSKPart3) June 1, 2018
If the call had been confirmed as an offensive charge, the Cavs would have regained possession with a real chance to ice the game. Instead, Durant was sent to the line and managed to tie the game up.
The rest, as they say, is history.