- Report: Cavs saw James Harden potential in Kevin Porter Jr.
- Report: Nets list Kevin Durant as questionable ahead of Friday’s game vs. Cavs
- Report: Cavs viewed Kevin Porter Jr. as ‘untouchable’ and considered him ‘most talented’ youngster on roster
- Report: Cavs send Kevin Porter Jr. to Rockets for 2nd-round draft pick
- Report: Jarrett Allen was talking trash to Nets about Collin Sexton before his shots even went in
- Cavs head coach issues striking comparison between Collin Sexton and Michael Jordan
- Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant give major props to Collin Sexton after he drops 42 points on Nets
- Video: Collin Sexton drills cold-blooded 3 in Kyrie Irving’s face to send game into double overtime
- Cavs unveil tribute video as Nets superstar Kyrie Irving returns to Cleveland
- Report: Kyrie Irving to officially start and play in Nets matchup vs. Cavs
Tyronn Lue Offers Update on LeBron James’ Neck Injury
- Updated: May 17, 2018
LeBron James suffered a strained neck when he took a mean blow to the jaw as he drove the lane late in the first half of Tuesday night’s Game 2 loss. Moments later, James headed to the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ locker room to be evaluated.
Shortly after, James returned to the game, and despite the 107-94 loss, he finished the contest with an impressive stat line of 42 points, 12 assists, and 10 rebounds. Following the game, there was still a lingering concern regarding James’ injury.
Thankfully, Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue offered an update on James’ neck following practice on Thursday.
Lue says LeBron practiced today, neck is fine.#Cavs
— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) May 17, 2018
If the Cavs have any hope of coming back from the 0-2 deficit they currently face against the Boston Celtics, James is going to have to be playing at the height of his powers. He’s going to have to be fully healthy to have any hope of doing that. Even if the four-time MVP manages to have a monster performance in Game 3, the first two games of the series have proven that he’s not going to be able to do it alone.
Several key role players on the Cavs’ roster have yet to have a positive impact on the series. If they are able to show up for Game 3 and beyond, James and company could certainly dig themselves out of the hole they currently find themselves in.
Only time will tell whether or not the Cavs will be able to turn the series around. Whatever happens, James’ health will play a major role in any success the Cavs enjoy from here on out.