- Sam Dekker’s wife agrees that J.R. Smith amongst ‘dumbest people on planet’
- Sam Dekker issues strong response to J.R. Smith’s accusation that he supports Donald Trump
- Report: Cavs to hold pre-draft workouts for Obi Toppin, other top prospects this week
- J.R. Smith says former Cavs swingman was only teammate he couldn’t ‘stand’ in entire NBA career
- Report: J.B. Bickerstaff reveals ‘positive’ conversations with Andre Drummond about future with Cavs
- Skip Bayless makes strong argument why he would take 2016 Cavs over 2020 Lakers
- LeBron James gets ‘chills’ rewatching Cavs’ historic NBA Finals win over Warriors
- Andre Drummond hints at working towards major evolution in his game
- Video: Cavs big man seen getting schooled by WNBA star in 1-on-1 matchup
- J.R. Smith says Cavs championship team was ‘grittier,’ ‘nastier,’ and played ‘harder’ than Lakers
Tyronn Lue Offers Update on LeBron James’ Neck Injury
- Updated: May 17, 2018
LeBron James suffered a strained neck when he took a mean blow to the jaw as he drove the lane late in the first half of Tuesday night’s Game 2 loss. Moments later, James headed to the Cleveland Cavaliers‘ locker room to be evaluated.
Shortly after, James returned to the game, and despite the 107-94 loss, he finished the contest with an impressive stat line of 42 points, 12 assists, and 10 rebounds. Following the game, there was still a lingering concern regarding James’ injury.
Thankfully, Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue offered an update on James’ neck following practice on Thursday.
Lue says LeBron practiced today, neck is fine.#Cavs
— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) May 17, 2018
If the Cavs have any hope of coming back from the 0-2 deficit they currently face against the Boston Celtics, James is going to have to be playing at the height of his powers. He’s going to have to be fully healthy to have any hope of doing that. Even if the four-time MVP manages to have a monster performance in Game 3, the first two games of the series have proven that he’s not going to be able to do it alone.
Several key role players on the Cavs’ roster have yet to have a positive impact on the series. If they are able to show up for Game 3 and beyond, James and company could certainly dig themselves out of the hole they currently find themselves in.
Only time will tell whether or not the Cavs will be able to turn the series around. Whatever happens, James’ health will play a major role in any success the Cavs enjoy from here on out.