- Here’s Why the Cavs Might Still End Up With R.J. Barrett on Draft Night
- Report: Cavs to Meet With Duke University’s Cam Reddish
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers to Consider 2 Wild Cards With 5th Pick in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Darius Garland Did Not Meet With Cavs at NBA Draft Combine
- Channing Frye Explains Why He’s Excited About Cavs Landing 5th Pick in NBA Draft
- The Ringer’s Justin Verrier Says Cavs Getting 5th Pick Is ‘Comeuppance’ for Tanking Season
- Report: Cavs New Head Coach Personally Called All His Players by Phone on Tuesday
- David Griffin Reveals Why He Wanted Koby Altman and Cavs to Get 1st Pick in Draft
- Report: Zion Williamson Didn’t Want Cavs to Land 1st Overall Draft Pick
- Koby Altman Reacts to Cavs Getting No. 5 Pick in 2019 NBA Draft
LeBron’s Epic Response to Heckler in Portland Who Asks About Kyrie Irving
- Updated: March 16, 2018
During his 15-year NBA career, Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James has received plenty of adulation from fans, but has also had to deal with his fair share of hecklers. During Thursday night’s game between the Cavaliers and Portland Trail Blazers, the latter instance occurred with James quickly getting the best of his detractor, after having been asked where former Cavs point guard Kyrie Irving was.
Irving and James had teamed to take the Cavaliers to three consecutive NBA Finals, which included winning the 2016 NBA title. However, last summer, Irving asked to be traded, citing James’ dominating presence as a key reason for the request. Though a brief rift developed as a result, James ended up selecting Irving to play on his team in the NBA All-Star Game last month.
The departure of Irving has resulted in a season-long struggle for the Cavaliers to replace him. The team’s play during the first few weeks of the season and especially over the past three months have been the best example of those struggles, though injuries to other players have also played a key role in such problems.