- Kendrick Perkins Rips Apart Kyle Kuzma, Calls for Dion Waiters to Get More Playing Time
- NBA Executive Doubts Kyrie Irving Will Respect Steve Nash as Head Coach
- Kevin Love Reacts to Ongoing Feud Between Richard Jefferson and Scottie Pippen
- Scottie Pippen Destroys Richard Jefferson for Saying Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘Might Be a Pippen’
- Richard Jefferson Crucifies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Compares Him to Scottie Pippen
- Report: Multiple Cavs Veterans Will Not Participate in Team’s Voluntary Minicamp
- Cavs Fans Livid After Team Decides to Honor Michael Jordan on Iconic Statement Edition Uniforms
- Andre Drummond Goes After Donald Trump Following Latest Attack on NBA Protests
- Richard Jefferson Destroys Giannis Antetokounmpo for Not Guarding Jimmy Butler in Game 1
- Report: Cavs Looking at These 3 Players With No. 5 Overall Pick
Kevin Durant’s Hilarious Reaction to Warriors Possibly Signing LeBron James
- Updated: February 1, 2018
The explosive rumor that Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James might consider signing with the Golden State Warriors this summer, when he’s expected to be a free agent, brought with it the expected firestorm from such speculation. One key member of the Warriors, Kevin Durant, offered a succinct response to the rumor:
— 95.7 The Game (@957thegame) February 1, 2018
The chance that James signs with the Warriors is likely remote at best, primarily because of salary-cap concerns. In the scenario laid out, the Warriors would deal Klay Thompson and Andre Iguodala, with Durant himself supposedly making the decision to take less money in order to make James’ would-be deal fit within the constraints of the team’s salary cap.
Right now, there’s no indication that James is even looking elsewhere or that the Warriors would consider signing him. Having faced him in each of the last three NBA Finals, they’re well aware of what he can do on a basketball court. However, disrupting their current chemistry probably isn’t among their strategic initiatives.