- Report: Cavs Want Young Players and Picks in Any Kevin Love Trade
- Report: LeBron James Called Rob Pelinka to Vouch for and Recruit Former Cavs Teammate
- Jordan Clarkson Sings Praises for NBA in Reaction to Russell Westbrook Trade
- Cavs Head Coach John Beilein Reveals Why Dylan Windler Will Succeed in NBA
- Former Cavs Teammate Discusses Kyrie Irving’s Personality: He’s ‘Misunderstood’
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Involved in Russell Westbrook Trade With Miami Heat
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. to Give Cavs ‘Rare’ Discount on Rookie Contract
- Richard Jefferson Asks Kevin Love for Pictures of His Girlfriend Kate Bock
- Larry Nance Jr. ‘Happy as Hell’ With Cavs’ Offseason, Expects to Be ‘Problem’ for Opponents
- Former Cavs Player Outraged After ESPN Analysts Count Out LeBron James and Lakers
Kevin Durant’s Hilarious Reaction to Warriors Possibly Signing LeBron James
- Updated: February 1, 2018
The explosive rumor that Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James might consider signing with the Golden State Warriors this summer, when he’s expected to be a free agent, brought with it the expected firestorm from such speculation. One key member of the Warriors, Kevin Durant, offered a succinct response to the rumor:
— 95.7 The Game (@957thegame) February 1, 2018
The chance that James signs with the Warriors is likely remote at best, primarily because of salary-cap concerns. In the scenario laid out, the Warriors would deal Klay Thompson and Andre Iguodala, with Durant himself supposedly making the decision to take less money in order to make James’ would-be deal fit within the constraints of the team’s salary cap.
Right now, there’s no indication that James is even looking elsewhere or that the Warriors would consider signing him. Having faced him in each of the last three NBA Finals, they’re well aware of what he can do on a basketball court. However, disrupting their current chemistry probably isn’t among their strategic initiatives.