- Larry Nance Jr. hilariously reacts to sugar momma offering him $3K every weekend
- Former Cavs forward desperately begs for job in the NBA: ‘I’d play for free’
- Report: Kevin Porter Jr. accused of punching a woman in the face in downtown Cleveland
- Channing Frye rips Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo after Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Cavs playing crucial role in helping Bucks complete Jrue Holiday trade
- Report: Andre Drummond makes final decision regarding player option with Cavs
- Report: ‘90 percent’ chance Andre Drummond opts into player option with Cavs
- Scary details of Kevin Porter Jr.’s arrest reveal loaded handgun, marijuana and overturned vehicle
- Report: Cavs expected to draft Obi Toppin at No. 5 pick if Deni Avdija is ‘off the board’
- Report: Andre Drummond expected to pick up option in order to facilitate trade
Kevin Durant’s Hilarious Reaction to Warriors Possibly Signing LeBron James
- Updated: February 1, 2018
The explosive rumor that Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James might consider signing with the Golden State Warriors this summer, when he’s expected to be a free agent, brought with it the expected firestorm from such speculation. One key member of the Warriors, Kevin Durant, offered a succinct response to the rumor:
— 95.7 The Game (@957thegame) February 1, 2018
The chance that James signs with the Warriors is likely remote at best, primarily because of salary-cap concerns. In the scenario laid out, the Warriors would deal Klay Thompson and Andre Iguodala, with Durant himself supposedly making the decision to take less money in order to make James’ would-be deal fit within the constraints of the team’s salary cap.
Right now, there’s no indication that James is even looking elsewhere or that the Warriors would consider signing him. Having faced him in each of the last three NBA Finals, they’re well aware of what he can do on a basketball court. However, disrupting their current chemistry probably isn’t among their strategic initiatives.